Any help finding a welder?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by motoredup, Nov 15, 2010.

1. motoredup

motoredup New Member

Hey everyone i was looking for some help on where to start looking for a good affordable plasma cutter with a tig welder built in but dont really know where to start so any help would be greatly apprciated:idea::idea::idea:

2. hurricane

hurricane Member

google is your best friend !!

and craigslist :)

3. mlcorson

mlcorson Member

I'm not busting your chops, but the nature of your question leads me to believe you need a lot more knowledge before you can make an educated decision. I taught myself welding over 40 years ago starting with gas and stick welding. The way I started was to go to the library and research the desired processes. As for your question, I don't like dual use of plasma and tig from the same machine. Likely you'll get good function in one or the other but perhaps not both. Seek knowledge first, then seek hardware...my opinion. Try Google groups, "sci.engr.joining.welding" = good knowledge base.

4. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Always get grief for this statement but I will say it again.....no gasless Mig Welders

5. mlcorson

mlcorson Member

6. skrufryder

skrufryder Member

hey one of the best ways to get into this with out the exspens of buying equipment mind you can get very exspensive not to mention the materials neede and lost to trial and error is to go to your local community collage. i quess i am lucky i enrolled into a trade school at 16 and got to learn this stuff. now as a result i have all this stuff available at work.but really try your local collage its the best way to learn. andf they usually let you make whatever you want as long as it isnt a weapon... i take those class's from time to time for fun.

7. ruppster

ruppster New Member

I've never seen a plasma/tig combo before but I don't claim to be an expert. Thermodynamic makes a great plasma cutter for the money and I heard their tig welders are pretty nice as well and made in the U.S.A.

8. motoredup

motoredup New Member

Thanx for the help guys but i have already ordered one and its pretty awesome for the price i got it for......i'll post some pics of my cuts and welds so you guys can see...let me know what you think.....

Attached Files: