Any MBc members police officers?

The cops merely enforce the law & even then that's discretionary.I'm sure our little MB's are illegal in my state but no-one pays much attention as long as your not a f-wit screamimg around the streets.
Still,i would like to hear here from a cops point of view.

Well as for making that list of laws that i don't want enforced... how bout ticketing and harrasing bikers and impounding M/B, Mopeds .

Police Officers

ok guys, you found one! im retired now, but i guess ill just have to go over to that forum and see whats up! spent to many years cleaning up body parts off the streets, but am still haveing a great time on my bike! Heck my whole family rides! Ill let you all know what i find out. Joe

ok guys, you found one! im retired now, but i guess ill just have to go over to that forum and see whats up! spent to many years cleaning up body parts off the streets, but am still haveing a great time on my bike! Heck my whole family rides! Ill let you all know what i find out. Joe

AWESOME. i'm very interested in what transpires. i'll check out the site now and again.

the whole purpose i wanted to join and post, was to inform them of the many benefits of MB's...and they dont need to 'seek and destroy' every chance they get.
thanks, jacliny :cool::cool::)

all we want to do is

Ill let you all know what i find out. Joe

thanks Joe -- you have our interest

my father was a retired motor cycle cop -- asst cheif of pooolice
he also LOVED TO RIDE all THINGS WITH A MOTOR

I went to that site and checked it out a little
don't understand why the pooolice there
get so worked up over little MBs ???

all we want to do is --- RIDE THAT MB THING

police forum

ok here goes, hope no one gets offended, can see the flak now! LOL. I visited the site last nite, read for abit and did not post anything, I'll explain, a little of my backgound first so you might be able to see my point in this. I went on the force back in 1971, things were much different then, economics , drugs, etc, during the next 20 odd yrs ive handled everything from multiple murders, to the proverbial cat up in a tree!(never saw a dead cat in a tree, have you?)anyway, ive been shot at, beat up, stabbed etc etc., those moments were sheer terror, however mixed in with those moments were times of great joy, delivering babies, saving a drowning child, pulling someone from a burning home, shoveling an older persons walk of snow so they could walk out safely, changing a flat ,etc. I was a member of a three thousand man force approx 60 miles east of NYcity, with a population of about 2.5 million. we were busy to say the least! Life in the suburbs! The number one priority that was always stressed was PUBLIC RELATIONS! most of us worked in the sectors we lived in, so before long you got to be well known by everyone. Respect is something you earn not wear! There are two quotes that most people are familiar with from the bible, "what you sow is what you reap" and "treat others as you would like to be treated". following these quotes in life will gain the respect of others. When i was off duty i couldnt imagine spending time on the internet(there was'nt any back then lol) hashing over work related incidents, if you noticed the screen names and avatar's used by them you should get the hint of where there comming from!
Nothing i could say would change their ideas of motorized bikes. Its up to all of us to treat them with respect (deserved or not)to try to win them over to our side and show them we are not the dirt bags they now think we are. Hopefully they will then use their discretion when enforcing the laws pertaining to these bikes. Not an easy task. I wish all young people would spend their time building all sorts of motorized contraptions, . sure it was dangerous to ride around on a minibike with no throttle or brakes, but who cared, we were riding! It's hard to be building and riding something and at the same time Knocking off a 7-11! They need to get thier Priorties straight! and we need to help them by example. Talk is cheap! Well ive taken up much to much of everyone time so keep the shiny side up and have fun! Joe

I agree with most of what jacliny said, and to me I just avoid confrontation. They are there to help and (most of the time) are friendly and nice. I am thankful that we have these services in this country. With that said, most of the cops i run in to in my area are generally nice (with the few exceptions), they are understanding and want to help you out. But there are always going to be the ones that are bitter and out for power. You cannot generalize all LEF's as being hateful towards MB's and MBers because that is simply not true. What you can do is be respectful when confronting an officer and don't let the "bad" ones get you down. Just like EVERYTHING else in life, you will always get a few bad apples. So be understanding of their situation and be respectful and there is no reason why you will not receive the same treatment.

I've seen both sides of the law enforcement spectrum, up close and personal. I trained about 1,700 officers over a 12 year period in interrogation and interview technique, from a great many different police forces - almost all of whom were good people trying to improve their skills in order to do their jobs better in compliance with the law. I've also been arrested and treated extremely roughly (many, many years ago in South Africa), and a couple of times since - once in Grapevine, Texas (where I was treated extremely fairly and courteously).

Cops are just people. People doing a basically thankless but utterly necessary job, and for the most part doing it pretty well. Sure, there are power-hungry petty tyrants in their midst - show me any career where such are not found. The key to dealing successfully with police officers doing their job is courtesy - no matter how big a hurry you are in, or how wronged you may feel by the officer(s) involved, be courteous. It will almost always be returned.

Agreed.

I have never had a problem with a police officer any time I have encountered one. To put in bluntly, helps if you don't act like an A-hole...no matter what. If you feel like fight'in the man over a motorized bike, I hope it provides the satisfaction you seek when you have a shiny black shoe on your neck.

Back