Any new NE-5's available?

1983JZR3W

Local time
3:56 PM
As stated, does anyone know of any new NE-5's available? I live in Jacksonville, Fl. (northeast Fl) and am looking for a 24 inch bike in either yellow or green. I am willing to travel 3-4 hundred miles to pick it up. After reading about some of the issues with the Ambassador and the possibility of the same issues with the new NE-R, I may just go ahead with the NE-5. Any opinions or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, George Oller.

Hi Quenton, thanks for the help. I will contact all of the nearby dealers and see if they have anything. Are you an authorized dealer? I was hoping that I could buy a bike through you and have you do some mods to it before I pick it up. George Oller

Hi George,
Sorry I sold out of new Whizzers about 6 months ago, as did many. Good luck in locating one. Whizzers can not be sold modified because it voids the warranty. If you find the bike you want you should leave it stock to cover any problems you might encounter, or give up the warrany service [not a good idea on a new Whizzer].

Have fun,
Quenton

new Whizzer

I saw one last weekend at a dealer in upstate New York. It was a 2005 NE with 95 miles on it. He said it was a demonstrator. Red & looked like new. I could give you his # & maybe he'd ship it to you. I think you could get it cheap. Send me a private message if interested & I'll give you more info.
Also check on Ebay.

Last edited:
Thanks JB, I will check into that. It is a lot further than I want to go to pick up a bike. I really want to see what I am buying as I have seen some Whizzers in the last couple of years that were really in bad shape to be considered new. Thanks to all who have made suggestions. I am planning to contact all dealers in the southeast. The ones I have called so far are out of inventory. Does anyone think I would be making a bad decision to just wait and get one of the first NE-R's? Thanks for all the help, this is a great forum.:D

Ne5

Here's a pic of the N.Y. one

Attachments

• IMG_1740.jpg
    IMG_1740.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 209
I have a NEW 26" black NE5 all set up and adjusted. It has 16 miles on it. Check out the pics of it i n the classified section in this forum. Thanks

I have a 24" black 2005 ne 5 I am thinking of selling for $1100 obo, let me know if you are interested, i have upgraded to the mushroom lifters and advanced the timing, changed the jet, added it has just a little over 1000 miles on it now, with the fender winglets and round rear view mirror. I am in Marietta ga, I really want a 26" since I am 6'5"

Back