Any new NE-5's available?

Black NE

Hey French, if you want a 26, just change wheels, tires and fenders, If you like I can go in to detail.

Both 24 aand 26 are the same, excepting those items. You COULD have your hubs relaced with nice SS spokes, and get the fenders from a local dealer to stay pretty much "All Whizzer"

Mike

24" versus 26"

That's a really good idea Mike. I was checking out KilroyCD's 24" bike at the Rally last month & it wouldn't take much to go from 24 to 26 inch. It's really the way to go if he likes his bike & doesn't really want to part with it. It probably wouldn't cost that much & if his runs good & he gets a different bike he'd have to start all over getting the bugs out of it.

Last edited:
I have the coaster brake on the rear, could I get rid of that and get the drum as well? I have the manual clutch also, and wouldn't mind a switch to the auto. Where would I go about getting the wheels and such? I plan on milling the head this weekend. I still don't have enough power to get up a small hill and want to get this thing to it's full potential. The 26" I test drove had no problem pulling me along, that is why I was pondering the switch, I do like the black though. And since I will be taking the head off, I will need a new gasket, is the copper the way to go? and does anyone still have any 26mm carbs available?

Last edited:
Sizing up your Whizzer

Hello, the answer is YES!
I can, as can others, sell you an Auto-clutch, 26" drum rear, and you can relace the front if you like or buy new.

I will give you trade-in value on your manual parts if you want to buy parts from me.

Copper is thre ONLY way to go, and you do not need the 26mm carb, you do not have enuf engine to pull it. If you mill the head, and do the gasket, tune your stock carb, and that will give you best results.

Big stock baffle, head torqued correctly, and, if you are hilly, try the 70mm auto-clutch for a little lower ratio.

We CAN help you!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't mind staying under 40mph, the 70mm auto clutch is the way to go. That's what I am using. I am a large person in hilly country. Also go with a copper head gasket. It does two things for you. First you can reuse it. The steel one you can not reuse. Secondly it will help keep the engine temp cooler.

Jim

Hello , I know that Bill Green has 3 new NE-5's 2 black and one red, I believe he has 2 - 24's and 1 - 26 inch. Send him a PM if you are interested.

Take Care - Jim

ne5

There is a ne5 at the general store in Harpers Ferry National park. it is 2008 model black and runs good because the guy that sells them rode it when I bought the ambassador. If interested Let me know I will give him a call.

Dane

Back