Any Opinions or Experience With This DIY Kit from GasBike?

Apparently, there is a lawsuit. I am sure KC can tell you more about it. Here is my wishlist for an ultimate bike frame. It should have fittings for the 2-stroke and 4-stroke kits as well as space and fittings for the Predator and Lifan engines. And, the gas tank should be atleast 4L or 1 gallon. This way in case you want to get more power or change your motorized bike into a moped / motorcycle classification you can easily do it with one bike. :(

Apparently, there is a lawsuit.
I am sure KC can tell you more about it.
Multiple lawsuits but I can't talk about that.
Here is my wishlist for an ultimate bike frame. It should have fittings for the 2-stroke and 4-stroke kits as well as space and fittings for the Predator and Lifan engines.
You have to pick between 2-stroke or 4-stroke frames Bak, they have different mounting, and the flat plate 4-stoke mount covers the 2-stroke front mount, hence why my frames won't even have one.

I have had nothing but good things to say about gasbike.... I've received everything from them within 4 days and I'm in Kentucky, not bad... I've ordered 2 motor kits with some replacement parts for other bikes.... Was about to order another kit from them actually lol.... It's a preference that one person might like that the other doesn't. I like to stick to what I know

I have had nothing but good things to say about gasbike.... I've received everything from them within 4 days and I'm in Kentucky, not bad... I've ordered 2 motor kits with some replacement parts for other bikes.... Was about to order another kit from them actually lol.... It's a preference that one person might like that the other doesn't. I like to stick to what I know
you got lucky. if you don't have to contact customer service then gasbike is decent enough.

I think I finally arrived at a decision regarding this kit. I don't think I'm gonna do it. For several reasons but mainly because the only parts in this kit I would actually keep would be the frame and the wheel set. I don't really like the springer forks and the majority of the bicycle components would get replaced with better quality. For one the American bottom bracket and one piece crank would be scrapped and replaced with an adapter and a sealed cartridge bottom bracket and crank set. I really don't know why they would use an American style on these frames, Euro is more versatile. I have doubts about the springer fork and I think I would opt for a MTB suspension fork like butre suggested in another thread. The headset is fine and minor parts like the seat post, stem and handlebars etc wouldn't be to bad but these are basically the parts you get for free in the reduced price of the kit compared to buying it all separate.

I'm gonna go for the authentic skyhawk frame and get components as I go along. The only thing I might get that is part of the KMB kit would be the wheel set. I'm not versed in wheel building and from what I've seen it's not any cheaper to build a similar set yourself. Not to be cheap but more like a shortcut lol.

Thanks for all the input people..it has helped me come to this decision.

So this bike is $500 bucks and there's another bike I'm looking at for $300. This one is apparently marketed for motorizing and the other is just a regular type beach cruiser. The specs on this KMB kit seem pretty decent with heavy duty wheelset, front disc brake, springer forks and the built in engine mount and gas tank on the frame. IT seems like a novel idea but what do you guys think. Here's a link to the product page on gasbike.net.

http://www.gasbike.net/collections/.../products/kmb-motorized-bicycle-diy-bike-only

Any input is welcome because I'm on the fence with this one.

View attachment 71605
DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT buy anything from these crooks...you WILL get screwed

I think I finally arrived at a decision regarding this kit.
I don't think I'm gonna do it.

I'm gonna go for the authentic skyhawk frame and get components as I go along.

The only thing I might get that is part of the KMB kit would be the wheel set.
I'm not versed in wheel building and from what I've seen it's not any cheaper to build a similar set yourself.
I am working with a new build customer that wants to flesh out a GT2 with his own parts and I remembered Lynn.
http://custommotoredbicycles.com

She is doing custom MB wheels now with super fat 11g spokes.
And the the best part is she stocks a bunch of cool parts.

We are now just starting to talk about 'parts packages' of parts to 'flesh out' a GT2 frame opposed to what I do is build using a Fito for parts.

In short, I am working on a supply and distribution chain with a spot devoted to the GT2 gas tank frame parts that work.
If you don't want a 'barnacle' stock gas tank on top of your top bar that frame is it.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 186
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I am working with a new build customer that wants to flesh out a GT2 with his own parts and I remembered Lynn.
http://custommotoredbicycles.com

She is doing custom MB wheels now with super fat 11g spokes.
And the the best part is she stocks a bunch of cool parts.

I came across this website a ways back. They do have a lot of good and harder to find parts with fair prices too. I didn't see exactly what I needed with the wheels they offer though, unless I missed it. I would just like a disc brake on the front wheel and a coaster on the back. There's also a seller on eBay that sells coaster sets with 10g spokes http://www.ebay.com/itm/121916942808?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT but they look similar to the ones they are selling on the website KC mentioned.

I've already ordered my first part. I ordered a set of triple tree forks to get the ball rolling. I love the way they look. No suspension but I don't mind! It just seems most all of your better MTB suspension forks are made for quick release skewers.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I came across this website a ways back. They do have a lot of good and harder to find parts with fair prices too. I didn't see exactly what I needed with the wheels they offer though, unless I missed it.

I actually found one on there after looking a little further. I would just have to buy the front and back separately rather than a wheel set. No big deal! It looks like they can make or have made about whatever wheel set up you want so that's definitely awesome. It's a little more expensive this way but worth it I think. I didn't realize right off the bat but the wheel set that gasbike offers with this kit has a front "drum brake" not disc. So I'm glad I realized that because I wan't disc up front.

Gonna order the skyhawk frame next week!

Back