any sheave that can accommodate two belts?

The a or ax belts are 1/2" width IIRC, so as long as the rear sheave's 1,1/2" or more in width so the belts don't rub you'll be fine. The whizzer sheave should be wide enough; the look like a regular bike rim to me.

And for stepped pulleys http://m.ebay.com/itm/281247382393?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1 is the first one I clicked on on ebay, there's billions. And 5/8" converts to a hair under 16mm, it should fit no problem (if it doesn't you can bore it etc.)

The Whizzer sheave I had bookmarked has been sold. The only other one I could find is in Taiwan, and the shipping alone is $30.

I may have a rim that I can use, but the problem is knowing where to drill the holes and then finding the correct size clamps and making sure it's perfectly centered when I mount it.

Well, I have two rims, a 20" and a 24", both only 1" wide, so no-go there.

Might need to buy a gebe sheave and file the teeth down. It's $50 with free shipping, so it's cheaper than the Whizzer clone sheave at $69 shipped.

sheeve

I have a sheeve that I purchased on e-bay that has the mounting ring cut off. If you purchase a e-bay sheve and ship it to me, i'll weld them together. You will only have to pay the return shipping. Although I don't think that is the way to go, I'll help you out just to see how it works out.

Jim E.

Attachments

• flowers 003.jpg
    flowers 003.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 264
The gebe sheave is plastic, so that probably won't work. It is for a toothed belt, but I may be able to use it with a v-belt and it might be wide enough for two belts. I'm looking into that.

A GEBE sheave will only allow for one 9mm wide belt.I think you could use any 9mm belt as long as it wasn't too thick, I don't think there's a need to grind off the teeth/grooves of the sheave, as it usually starts grinding on it's own a bit.If you need close up pics of the GEBE sheave lemme know.

Close-ups would help a lot. For $50 shipped, two gebe sheaves sounds like my best bet.

Back