Any word on the new BMP company?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by darwin, Apr 4, 2013.

1. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Did he raise the required funds? Any news at all? I was hoping he could make a go of it. We need more choices in this hobby.

2. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

He didn't raise the funds.
    Hope is for dopes, :)
    If you wanted more choices pledging to get a kit at a reduced price was the
    solution.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/548672532/roadbug-motorized-bicycle-kit

23 backers pledged $4,479 of $20,000 goal

3. rawly old

rawly old Member

Golly, I had no idea. I thought BMP was just a mythical legend.

4. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

After all I've learned here, and owning a BMP FD, they are nothing special, most FD's are cookiecutter deals.The BMP has the weight problem, not to mention the bearing closest to the bell wore out rather fast.If anybody makes one that's honeycombed (to lose the weight) I may be interested again.

5. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I didn't see any info if the chain drive option would be available w/the f/d kit. If that comes true then I'll order one. I want the versatility that offers in one kit.

6. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Exactly. The chance came and went and as I'm sure you're well aware MBR in similar endeavors concerning MABs, typically with more talk than support.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?40141-BMP-revival

7. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Personally I don't invest in a co unless I know the owner and the business plan. Basically that's what's being asked for to restart this co because no product currently exists. If folks want to invest their money on faith more power to them. I don't operate that way. In the last 5 years I've spent at least 5k on this hobby and am familiar with a lot of products. Doesn't cost anything to wish someone success in their endeavor.