Anybody beleive Obama when he talks???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by give me vtec, Aug 14, 2009.

1. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

I am watching his "town hall" meeting in Belgrade, MT right now that is being conducted with "randomly chosen" people. He is saying the same thing he always does and everybody is cheering as usual again.

My question is this... all the polls including the big ones like Rasmussen say Obama is at almost 60% disapproval. With that approval rating and a "randomly chosen" audience wouldn't you expect 40% of the people to be clapping... not 90% - 100%. Does anybody here believe what he is saying...

2. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Q: How do you know a politician is lying.

A: His lips are moving.

3. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

yes I have made some fun calling him MY OBAMA MAMA
    but truth being
    my wife and I did not vote for him
    but once he was in office we have been praying for him and our country
    we wish him the very best
    but no
    we do not at most times beleive him when he speaks
    he has been caught in many fibs already
    MM

4. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

**** know!

i dont believe nothing any of them say anymore.

5. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I think it is about time that regular, middle class folks organize in their communities and fight for what is right.

When ACORN "organizes" communities, they get a bunch of social program leaches out in the streets to demand that they receive MORE from the government. Who pays for their demands when the politicians cave in? The ones who pay the lions share in taxes. It's about time taxpayers woke up, skipped juniors soccer practice and let the politicians know that we're sick of it.

This is how you keep a politician honest.

6. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I have a very simple policy as regards politicians speeches. I neither watch nor listen, ever. This has been my policy since I was in high school and I attended a debate between Bob Packwood and Wayne Morse.

I read the speeches after they are delivered - as they were actually delivered, not the pre-sanitized versions the politicians hack press reps release before hand. I'm interested in what they say, not how they say it.

Politician is semantically equivalent to liar, in every human culture and language, and always has been.

7. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

skip juniors soccer practice.

good post arceeguy.

8. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

It's true though.

Many hard working middle class folks are "too busy" to get involved in local or state politics. Many of them don't even vote because of soccer practice, or whatever.

The politicians will listen to, and cater to the ones who will keep them in power. The ones that keep them in power are the ones that organize, rally, and get in their face demanding "social justice" or what have you. If the politicians realize that the middle class taxpayer is going to vote them out of power because of the out of control spending - then there is a chance that we can "keep them honest".

At this point, these politicians don't know what to do because they are not used to a "real" grass roots uprising like they've been seeing. The "astroturf" has been community organizer groups like ACORN. Once they realize that ACORN thugs can no longer keep them in power, they will listen to and cater to the ones that can. And that should be the "forgotten man" - the middle to upper middle class family that is the backbone of this country.

9. kerf

kerf Guest

Montana, Gods country, everybody owns a gun. Probably more NRA members per capita than any other state. The reason I bring this up is because of the gentlemen that ask a question and identified himself as an NRA member, only about six people clapped. I think it was totally staged, even the self proclaimed NRA member, all reading from a script written by the DNC.

10. sparky

sparky Active Member

Nope... he lied about wiretapping. So that's good enough for me to never believe anything he says again.

I believe every word that comes outta Ron Paul's mouth, tho. I've never caught him telling a lie.