Anybody know about Chinese Hua Sheng F142 49cc 4 stroke engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes

I have about 12,000 miles on my bicycle!!! I have had problems with keeping brakes on it and I have broke two primary drive gears! no problems with the motor though!!! I have been running synthetic oil too!

Bubbatgs

About the synthetic oil, which brand are you using and at what intervals are you changing the oil. Congrats on the 12K miles, impressive.

I have about 12,000 miles on my bicycle!!! I have had problems with keeping brakes on it and I have broke two primary drive gears! no problems with the motor though!!! I have been running synthetic oil too!

Have you been running synthetic oil in the gearbox? Is that why you broke 2 primary gears/ If the engine needed synthetic oil surely it would state that in the handbook. I know that my motor likes the 10/30 oil that is specified.

No, I broke the primary drive gear because I had a problem with a bent rear sproket! This enabled the chain to try to jump off the primary drive gear. As soon as the chain jumped, the bolt would break! This is why I had this peroblem!!!

No, I broke the primary drive gear because I had a problem with a bent rear sproket! This enabled the chain to try to jump off the primary drive gear. As soon as the chain jumped, the bolt would break! This is why I had this peroblem!!!

I do not understand what you mean by the primary drive gear. Are you in fact referring to the 11T freewheel sprocket that goes on the end of the final drive shaft? There are 3 gear wheels - the first has the clutch bell housing attached, the second is the middle gear with 2 gearwheels and the third is the one on the final drive shaft that engages with the engager.

But of course!!!!The primary drive gear is the 11 tooth sproket on the out put shaft of the transmission!! The transmission has a centerfical clucxh with a drive housing that rides on a race. The other two gears inside the transmission are called the intermetiate and final drive gears!
I other words there is no;primary drive gear with-in the transmission! I have had a problem with one clutch housing!!! I lost some teeth on it and the small gear on the intermediate shaft!
My repair was to order new cluch and intermediate shaft (with gears) I then went out and bought some shimming material. (.001-.003 tho. stainless!) and removed all but .005 end play on the intermediate shaft. Then I filed the cluch housing race until it was within .002 of sinching the housing down. I have since ran sae 90 weight lucas gear oil with a mixtuer of stop leak in it! (it will never stop leaking though)I had the problem when I was using grease. I would wash the bike and I guess I filled the transmission up with water, thus destroying the gears. I have had no problem since I covered the fill location with a thick rubber boot. (I cut up a thick innertube to create the boot. just like on the stick shift of a car!)

response to OP

Hi Irish John, I run the Honda (like you) and the HS, both in Brand X setups (we are not allowed to use our name here). The little HS is a VERY good engine, so much like the Honda that it was cloned from, that it could fool you even at close look, and a good ride.

Mike

Hi Irish John, I run the Honda (like you) and the HS, both in Brand X setups (we are not allowed to use our name here). The little HS is a VERY good engine, so much like the Honda that it was cloned from, that it could fool you even at close look, and a good ride.

Mike

Hi Mike, I am allowed to use the EZM name - so you run the HS & the Honda with the EZM gearbox? I suppose you made the honda one specially for yourself because I understand that they aren't available yet. I also understand that they may never be available in Oz until God knows when.
I'm really more interested in buying a GB that will fit the Honda.
The power difference between the HS & the Honda is noticeable but the HS is indeed a good engine except the valves rattle and that is annoying though harmless. With a Grubee GB the HS isn't strong enough to pull the Schwinn Deluxe 7 which is a lovely bike with springer forks & front V-brakes but is steel and heavy. The Honda will pull it. That's using a 48T sprocket. I wouldn't use anything larger and I would never use the 56T. I have a 50T but haven't bothered trying it. That may well allow the HS to pull the Schwinn D7 up hills OK but I'm strictly a 48T man.
Because the EZM looses less power through the belt driven GB it would pull the D7 nicely I'm sure with a 48T sprocket.
The Grubee G4 kits arrive here in a month. The GB isn't very pretty but it may well be an improvemnt on the old Mark2 GB.
Please try and prioritise getting your product to Australia because Australians are great contributors to MBc and deserve special consideration.:D

Bubbatgs, your problems sound most unusual and more akin to a Hoot GB owner. Now that you have a rubber boot to keep water out of your GB I recommend you ditch the 90W/stop leak lube & go back to lithium grease. The heavy oil even when stiff as honey just causes the GB to get very hot and the clutch slips something terrible. It also smells really nasty.
The most sensible solution to your problem would be to stop using a pressure hose on the engine and clean it with a kerosene soaked rag & toothbrush.
Those grubee clutch bells wear on the bushing and get considerable lateral play but I haven't broken any teeth yet. I reckon the first gear wheel & clutch bell needs replacing after 10,000 kms because of wear on the bushing. The bushing needs replacing too probably. Drilling the 9 holes in the clutch has helped my bike a lot. Cheetah has a thread on it in the 4stroke section.

The way i understand things the Grubee G4's are going to be here WELL in advance of any standalone EZM tranny.Pity cos that means customers that don't know & are not prepared to wait are probably going to accept second best,& thereafter won't be looking.
Important also is $'s cos Grubee stuff sells at a realistic price here....inflated but realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back