Anybody know about Chinese Hua Sheng F142 49cc 4 stroke engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I have been on it every day since I built it! Orignaly built to get around all the traffic here in Southern California! I was a student at the time! traveled 26 miles one way! I was able to beat the cars leaving a bloch away by fifteen min. and had the best parking!!!lol Only because of the traffic! I fell in love with it and have ridden it ever since! Just plan the time for the ride at an average speed of 26 mph and you will be on time!

Thanks for your info Bubbatgs. It's interesting because it is similar to my own except I havemn;t done 30000 miles on one bike. Maybe 12000 mles on one 4-stroke but I too take the 11T freewheel apart and use red loctite on the threaded flange at the rear. I now understand those freewheels totally and can rebuild them as long as the wire circlip is still intact. The freewheel teeth wear out after about 3000 miles max but that might be cos I'm quite heavy at 90 kilos. I carry quite a lot of tools in my pannier and they weigh a few more kilos. I have to leave the red loctite for a couple of days to set before using the freewheel because they come undone otherwise.
I have the old Grubee Gb as well - the Mark2 - and I find the bushing does wear out. I too redistribute the white lithium grease I use in the GB every couple of weeks and add some more as well. I change my oil after the 1st hour of engine use when new then every 500kms which is 310 miles and I used to change oil every 400 kms (250 miles) but the oil is always clean with no metallic residue and I never see residue on the 5kg rare earth magnet that is attached to the sump plug. The oil can be black but it is free of particles.
I get much better rear tyre wear than you seem to. I use Schwinn Typhoon Baloon tyres 26 x 2.125 and they are pretty hard wearing - I get at least 4000 kms out of the typhoon which is excellent and I ride hard and corner hard too. My chain hits the whitewalls and dirties it but it doesn't snick the rubber or wear it in any way really. That is what I find on my alloy schwinn which has 7 spd derailleur gears. Not so on the Schwinn Deluxe 7 spd which is a VERY heavy bike (too heavy really) and has 7 spd hub gears. It is far harder to align the rear wheel on that bike so the tyre is clear of the chain. This is because the right side chain must be kept really taught and with the coaster brake there really isn't much play to kick the wheel over like I can on the alloy derailleur cruiser so it is away from the motor chain. The Schwinn D7 is too heavy for the HS motor and has to have a Honda (there is definitely a power difference even if there isn't a top speed difference) and the 11T freewheel takes a terrible hammering just because of the weight of the bike. The freewheels come apart moreso recently because the new ones are not as well made as the old ones I reckon. Red threadloc doesn't always hold them together and I'm considering a using 2 spot welds on the flange.
I'm glad my experience largely matches yours except I have had to replace the clutch bell housing because the bushing has worn it so it becomes loose. Having about 10 new bushings to try out often helps cos I find one that fits tightly in the worn bell housing hole. That means that the bushings must vary by a few microns. If I let the bell housing get too loose I have had damage and wear on the actual drive shaft so I take them apart every 1500 miles to check for wear or damage. HoughMade has the answer when he says bushing wear is minimal if you keep the gear engager engaged all the time. I think he is dead right but I like to rev the motor a bit at traffic junctions etc.
I've had to adjust the valve clearances more often than you on the HS but never on a Honda. I think the HS is a great motor and I wish people would stop insisting I use Hondas cos they cost too much and then there is the carby/throttle dilemma. My considered opinion now is the D7 is too heavy and too expensive and the springer forks look nice but are added maintenance checking all those bolts cos my life depends on them. That's my experience Bubbatgs and thanks for yours.
P.S. a suspended saddle post is a must I wouldn't deny my backside that for anything. My Brooks saddle is lovely too but at $287 Aus so it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank's John!
I have had my troubles too! about two months afetr I built the bike, I tried to was it and ended up filling up the transmission with water. (oops):rolleyes: I was running the white lithiuem at that time too! Well... I had a cluch bell gear fly apart! Wow, I was sure a dummy! for the repair, I cut a piece of innertube to cover the cluch engadger arm on top of the transmission. over size by about 5-10 mm (.250") I replaced the cenetr gear and the cluch. I think it cost $45.00 plus shipping! I went round and round with all the different rims too! I ended up buying a heavy duty hub and, replacing the drum brake. I stold a mechanical disk brake from a scooter and adapting it to the drum. (Go Pedf) I now just have one forward gear!
I would have to say I am probably the hardest rider you might meet! I rarely ever run less than W.F.O.. lol (full throttle)
I am also no feather weight. I tip the scales around 110 kilos (245 lbs) and was carring close to 20 kilos (45 lbs). I guess I should tell you I am also 44 years young! I believe I have refused to ever grow up! lol
All other problems I have found, I invarably find... It was ultimatly my fault during installation. (misallignment or out of adjustment or what have you!)
I do have a question for you there John. Do you have the same type of drivers there? The type that are looking strait at you and still pull out because you are a bicycle and are not suppose to be going that fast??? lol Here In California!!! It is a challange to keep from removing the piece of porcelin I have hanging from the handel bars. lol (I am not always nice to all drivers) Ride as safe as you must and, like me laugh at the oil companies while I get 141 mpg!!!!!

Interesting Bubbatgs. Not sure I fully understand the inner tube over the engager arm? I am 58 yrs old and I ride along country roads that are similar to the backroads I've driven on that go inland up the hills from the Californian coast road between Santa Cruz & Monterey except we don't get the coastal fog. I ride around thinking I am a hundred year old express train (the 12.06 Thames-Clyde leaving Leeds for Glasgow is my favourite) or sometimes cornering I'm Casey Stoner riding for Ducati in a championship decider with my knee hanging out on the inside of the corner.
My favourite bike (pictured) is named after the trans-Australian train "The Indian Pacific" cos she runs accross this big brown land (even though it's green where I live) and she runs in all weather and she runs on time!
When I pass the bike shop in Mullumbimby every Tues at 09.36 they all shout "Stand clear for The Indian Pacific" so they are part of my little fantasy too. The locals all know the names of my bike models "Indian Pacific, Billinudgel Bullet, Tincogan Thumper, Pocket Rocket etc all named after local icons and place names. This childish glee is a recent thing and I am really enjoying it.
Have you found something better to use in your GB than lithium grease? I haven't but am open to advice. Last May I rode "The Indian", as she is affectionately known, on her regular 09.23AM trip from Ocean Shores to Mullumbimby . We were having a mild cyclone and I was the only vehicle that made it through to Mullumbimby that day apart from some of the emergency services. We were declared a national disaster area with trees down everywhere and roads under water. I had the siren blaring as I rode into town and people on the sidewalks started clapping as The Indian thundered into town. Coffee was on the house at the local cafe that day!
My cheap Chinese fire/police/ambulance siren also has a little magaphone and mouthpiece and I was announcing "Stand clear for The Indian Pacific please".
People seem really keen to join in my fantasies and they seem to enjoy the sight of my bike on the roads. The siren only lasted 6 months because it is a really cheap thing.
Nevertheless there are those types who become nasty when they get behind a steering wheel and I have had problems with them - I've been run off the road intentionally (the culprit was charged with using a vehicle as a weapon) I've been accosted physically and managed not to retaliate. I've had drivers see me and pull out exactly like you describe. Those sort of people, although eminently punchable, I just endure. I know that before long someone else will beat them to within an inch of their life so it doesn't have to be me. At 58 I can't do that sort of mullarkey even though I feel tempted to try.
At junctions I have to assume the worst will happen and ride defensively. I'm also aware that young idiots on cheap kits and cheaper bikes are getting us a bad name so I'm starting a local user group along with the Deputy Mayor who is an MB rider that adhers to road rules. That way we'll have stickers to show that we are the good guys. The Right Stuff!!
A bad minority will always make it hard for the decent majority in everything everywhere and that is just how it is. It is still possible to live my express train and Casey Stoner fantasy unimpeded if I just disengage from the yobbos. My hard cornering is limited to lonely roads but on the freeway I too ride wide open throttle like you because it reduces the speed differential between my bike and the other cars and it is safer that way.
What's your secret fantasy Bubbatgs when you are howling along the Californian Grande Corniche? I think I'd be tempted to be a fighter pilot on a supersonic low level straffing run.
Bombs Awayeee!!

Attachments

• PIC0003.jpg
    PIC0003.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 640
  • Indian10.jpg
    Indian10.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 650
First things first! As for the lube I use in the transmission. I had the issue of being a dummy!!! I have since used marine grease! (the blue stuff) by lucas oils. If you pack it in the out-put shaft, it will keep the water out! The cluch engadger arm is, where the cable from the handelbars attaches to the transmission. (i have no better name for it) lol
Now as for the fanticy I like to live is... Believeing I am back in 1920's, just taking the nice ride to wherever. Like riding the old "route 66".
Just like you! I have found I have a great many fans. Seems all want to know how, I did that? lol I love the look on all the faces when I tell them I get 163 mpg!! All the folks that drive them four wheelers almost, look as if they are depositing some strange package to their underwear! lol I don't think the younger croud quite understands, what that means! 163 mpg!!! I love it!!!
If you ask me... all in all... it is so much fun, it should be illigle! (its not though)
I never tryed to name my bike but, my friends have chosen to call it the,"Schwinn Davidson" I think because my first name is David! lol I am not concerned what people want to call it, I call it Fun!!! Take care

I got my HS engine kit from Spooky Tooth, and they use a 5:1 power transfer timing belt-driven transmission. No gearbox parts to grease. It has 4 sealed precision bearings. I don't have to mess with it, and you won't find anything quieter. I've gone as fast as 30 mph on mine, at which point my desire to continue accelerating ebbs. I use a 44-tooth sprocket with an 11-tooth drive gear, and can reach speeds over 20 mph ascending a 10% grade hill. Considering I weigh 210 lbs, I find that pretty impressive. My only complaint about this setup is that I don't have two of 'em.

My transmission is the stage 2 grubee transmission. I have to run either gear oil(leaking like a siv) or, grease. I like the marine grease! (Lucas Oils) I have a lot more service to do than all you with the stage 3 or, the belt drive systems! My bike is around three years old! Remember I live here in Southern California. Where there are mountains! I have a great many hills to climb at 12% grades or better. I also have a great deal of dirt trails to take to get around the freeway system! Some trails are better than others. I guess if you were to try to replace my bicycle...I would need a dual-sport motorcycle! To many rough roads!:helmet:

Irish John your bike is so serious, it looks as though it has real purpose. Mine is a Spookytooth all chrome frame and springer front end with handlebars like yours, mine just looks like it's ready for a cruise, but not so serious. I do think that your bike is very efficient looking and it is attractive, nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back