ANYbody knows MB clubs from NYC?

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by logan69, Sep 27, 2008.

1. logan69

logan69 New Member

does anybody knows if there are any MB clubs at nyc. also if people from NYC are interested in starting a MB club let me know.

2. bxicefire

bxicefire New Member

hey

im definitely interested, its about time nyc gets a motored bike club. we are a major city and im sure many people have bikes out here even if they will travel from the suburbs, we need our city to be heard and have fun at it.

3. btf331

btf331 Member

Long Island

Im down to start one im from long island maby we can do a swap and stuff down here at jones beach or at like Belmont Park parking lots?

4. logan69

logan69 New Member

well right now three is a good number. how about us three join together and make a club. i mean a real club. which means we name it and everything. if you guys like it , let me know. i am up for planning out the whole thing. i always wanted to form a motored bikes clubs but just couldnt find people who share the same enthusiasm.

5. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Logan,

Get 5 more and I'll throw the bike in the trunk and come ride with ya's!

Better yet when you get it organized, give me advanced warning and I'll send some e-mails to the guy's who gave me their addresses!

I still say Buffalo's got the best local for something like that. Stay out of the Suburbs and with the bike trail, the cops are pretty laid back.

Hey, did you ever get your bike together?

6. logan69

logan69 New Member

allright mac!!!!!! i always knew i can count on you. i have been talking to btf331 about the club. mach if ur up for club formation that'll be great. i really wanna see a proper name for a group of us two wheelin **** raisers!!

7. logan69

logan69 New Member

yeahi got the bike together! i still have to fix more the engine with the frame and chain is stil a problem. i have to use a motorcycle chain. when u get a chance mac email me or message me your yahoo im id. i need to talk about the club.

8. machiasmort

How about we fly MB.COM colors NYS Chapter.

Ask one of the administrators for permission first and I could get us the T-shirts thru Matt. The only thing missin is NY Chapter on the shirt

Shirts are easy to mod.

9. machiasmort

Logan, Use the chain from tractor supply, it's either 41 or 415, one is whats in the jap kit and one is a little larger at TS @ $15

10. logan69

logan69 New Member

allright mach but i want a real name for the club. we can use mb.com on our the front of our shirts to advertise, which seems like a really good idea to me. since its new york i wanted to use the word gotham somewhere and since our mbs are not street legal, i wanted to throw that somewhere too. and yes we will be putting ny chapter on whatever our members wear, tshirts, caps...i think me and you can really make the club fly the colors...thanks buddy.

11. logan69

logan69 New Member

we most def need to bring people's attention and awareness on the mbs. i bet there are a lot of people who dont even know that there are engine kits ready to be installed on thier bikes.

12. btf331

btf331 Member

Hey guys sorry ive been a bit busy my MB WHizzer is giveing me some trouble so ive been trying to fix that...

13. logan69

logan69 New Member

i thought you werent really interested. if we really want to get our club colors flying, we have a lot of work ahead of us. just to mention few: club name, logo, colors, patch and tshirts (mac wants tshirts, i want back patches and both is good). so far me and mac have decided to use mb.com on tshirts to help us advertise our machines.

14. btf331

btf331 Member

What are you talking about

Logan im very intrested what are you talking about?

15. logan69

logan69 New Member

thanks mac, i just read this post. i was thinking that may be i should have finished the bike in next summer but since we got few more enthusiasts for our club, i think now i have to hurry it up!! i am happy to see that we got people who are still into unity and rasing he** on our street illegal two wheelin machines. thanks mac and everybody!

16. fm2200

fm2200 Member

what's illegal

Hi Logan, I'm reading that you say your an outlaw because NY doesn't allow these gas bikes. I live on Staten Island an I have mine registered with the DMV & i have a license plate,no insurance required or helmet no inspection just a headlight on at all times thats it. take care

17. btf331

btf331 Member

really how did you do that?

Brandon Friedman
    Long Island, New York

18. fm2200

fm2200 Member

Hi btf331, There is a few things you need to know about registering a bike, the state has a list of gas bike manufacturers they approve of, you have to call to find out which are on the list. No do it yourself bikes made with engine kits are recognized by the state. Call the DMV for the list of manufacturers, and not all models are approved according to what they told me. There are 3 classes of registration, this is the site I used.. mopedarmy.com/wiki/Moped_laws take care

19. fm2200

fm2200 Member

One more thing I just noticed your age posted is 16, you have to have a drivers license, sorry if I got you all excited.

20. btf331

btf331 Member

i have a whizzer and im 17 in march so heheh but i ride every were on my whizzer mine is registered i thought you meant that you can get the ones that you build urself registered. Where In New York are you again.

Brandon Friedman
    Long Island, New York