anybody motorized a 24" cruiser?

Yes, I put a 49 cc Happy Time on a 24" Kulana. It was a tight squeeze, but doable.

You can find a photo in my picture gallery. It's a bit distant, so I don't think you can get any useful info from the photo.

But it can be done.

I'm putting one in a 20 incher......

100_2462.JPG

1980 24" Schwinn Lowboy Kustom

This is (was) my first build ever,1976(not 1980)24" SCHWINN LOWBOY KUSTOM... since this bike, I have changed/built about 5 different styles of motorized bike. The only problem that I ran into with this was when I used original cranks, they were too narrow and the cranks hit the motor! So I bought after market cranks wich were wider than the O.G. cranks !
Now that I look at this photo, I think I might try to build it up again! It was a fun ride !

i3xklz.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/i3xklz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wider cranks for the 24" bike.

Here are a few photos of cranks, the first photo are like the original cranks...they WON'T WORK !
The second photo are the wider cranks(photo is of a short crank, you need a 5 1/2 or 6 " crank), these are a GO ! Because of the frame being smaller/shorter than a 26" frame, the motor need's to sit in the frame lower.....wich in turn makes cranks hit, unless you start out with the WIDER CRANK ! Hope this help's! Look @ previous photo, you can see the groove where they hit !

2r3b8zq.jpg

TOO NARROW FOR A 24" or 20" ..
j7ut08.jpg

PERFECT FOR A 24" or 20".

Back