anybody motorized a 24" cruiser?

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by bully, Feb 9, 2009.

1. bully

bully New Member

if so, got any pictures to share?

i'm getting ready to do one, so the smaller frame will be easier for my capable, but shorter girlfriend to ride.

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Yes, I put a 49 cc Happy Time on a 24" Kulana. It was a tight squeeze, but doable.

You can find a photo in my picture gallery. It's a bit distant, so I don't think you can get any useful info from the photo.

But it can be done.
  3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I'm putting one in a 20 incher......

4. flatblackkustoms

flatblackkustoms New Member

1980 24" Schwinn Lowboy Kustom

This is (was) my first build ever,1976(not 1980)24" SCHWINN LOWBOY KUSTOM... since this bike, I have changed/built about 5 different styles of motorized bike. The only problem that I ran into with this was when I used original cranks, they were too narrow and the cranks hit the motor! So I bought after market cranks wich were wider than the O.G. cranks !
    Now that I look at this photo, I think I might try to build it up again! It was a fun ride !

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
  5. flatblackkustoms

flatblackkustoms New Member

wider cranks for the 24" bike.

Here are a few photos of cranks, the first photo are like the original cranks...they WON'T WORK !
    The second photo are the wider cranks(photo is of a short crank, you need a 5 1/2 or 6 " crank), these are a GO ! Because of the frame being smaller/shorter than a 26" frame, the motor need's to sit in the frame lower.....wich in turn makes cranks hit, unless you start out with the WIDER CRANK ! Hope this help's! Look @ previous photo, you can see the groove where they hit !

TOO NARROW FOR A 24" or 20" ..
    PERFECT FOR A 24" or 20".