Anybody using KingsMotorBikes CDI?

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by MrHungwell94, May 28, 2015.

1. MrHungwell94

MrHungwell94 New Member

I've been using KingsMotorBikes performance CDI for a little bit and so far I like it, but the website is extremely non-descriptive about it. I mean anything is better than the stock CDI, and this one is only $20 compared to $10 for a worthless piece of junk or forking over like $70 bucks or more for either a Jaguar or HD Lightning CDI (I have never owned either btw). I like that it has a separate coil with a good quality boot and cap, but other than this, does anyone have more info about this CDI and how it compares to others?

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

looked at the site - I see a $10 standard CDI & a $10 part that looks like some type of coil - no idea what that part is used for or how it hooks up to anything
  3. MrHungwell94

MrHungwell94 New Member

4. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

that link makes more sense, thanx - was unaware of these & hoping someone with more info will read in

seems that all power is still from rotor, so any advantage would be from better spark timing and better power loss control
  5. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

CDIs have two functions
    1. produce a good spark
    2. produce the spark at the right time which changes with RPM. Graphing that result gives you the "timing curve"

It's silly to buy something like a CDI without knowing essential specifics. They don't post a graph of its timing curve? What is this, 2016 or the stone age?
  6. gary55

gary55 Active Member

So simple even a caveman could do it.