Anybody Using this Kit? enginesonlineshop.com/4-Stroke

The best gearbox around is the Stage 3 gearbox from Bicycle-engines.com......Just DO NOT use the engager with the engine running....also they stay out of stock more than in...also dont put oil in the gearbox....use heavy grease
Would have to strongly disagree with you about the Grubee Stage III being the best.
I have seen a few broken ones up close.
They are noisy and not that reliable.
I know a lot of people who have changed to the gearboxes below from the Stage III

The best 4 stroke gearboxes are the Grubee 4G for 5/8" shaft and EZ Motorbikes Q Matic

I guess everyone has their on opinion....I have been using the Stage III for bout 4 yrs...NEVER had a problem...like I said do not use oil in the gearbox, use heavy grease...and NEVER engage while engine is running...

(The Q-matic has the edge in reliability and parts availability) I watched Terrys videos of the 4g & Q-matic, if I Understand correctly, the Q-matic is the more Beter as to Pulling Terry uphill w No pedeling & in one hill gaining some Speed! Also it is more Available? What is the Price of the belt? Do theyBreak? Can they be bought @ auto parts downtown, or have to order from Terry? Is anyone using the Q-matic daily, what speeds are you getting? On My GEBE I am able get 30-33mph, but realize the belt will break evidently ! Need to get away from cars @ stoplites quicker & take rides thru the Country on a Better setup)

Thanks and also Why is Administrator Not Allowing My Replies thru instantly? Is everybodys replies checked before sending to site or just Me?

Thanks again for info, if this makes it thru:)

5G Gearbox

Hello,
I'm using that 5G gearbox on a Walmart cruiser (I think it's a Meridian or something). I've only got 40 miles on her but, no problems as yet (knock on wood).
Barry

Attachments

• 11430.jpg
    11430.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 436
I guess everyone has their on opinion....I have been using the Stage III for bout 4 yrs...NEVER had a problem...like I said do not use oil in the gearbox, use heavy grease...and NEVER engage while engine is running...

You're one of the very few that have had success with it. I have pieces of 2 Stage IIIs in my toolbox (both grenaded themselves), both were run with custom-made lockouts and heavy grease. At best the Stage III is a noisy geardriven box made with an assortment of questionable chinese castings, at worst it's a waste of money. For every one person who claims to have success with the Stage III, there's at least 5 or 6 people who haven't.

Great Lookin Ride Barry:) I will see if the Meridian Bike has the room for a Honda 50 and Q-matic.....

(The Q-matic has the edge in reliability and parts availability) I watched Terrys videos of the 4g & Q-matic, if I Understand correctly, the Q-matic is the more Beter as to Pulling Terry uphill w No pedeling & in one hill gaining some Speed! Also it is more Available? What is the Price of the belt? Do theyBreak? Can they be bought @ auto parts downtown, or have to order from Terry? Is anyone using the Q-matic daily, what speeds are you getting? On My GEBE I am able get 30-33mph, but realize the belt will break evidently ! Need to get away from cars @ stoplites quicker & take rides thru the Country on a Better setup)

"Claims" to have success, I find that personally offensive...

Well I'm sorry you find the English language offensive. I didn't say you were speaking bovine fecal matter. What you said was a "claim".

claim   [kleym] verb (used with object)
1. to demand by or as by virtue of a right; demand as a right or as due: to claim an estate by inheritance.
2. to assert and demand the recognition of (a right, title, possession, etc.); assert one's right to: to claim payment for services.
3. to assert or maintain as a fact: She claimed that he was telling the truth.
4. to require as due or fitting: to claim respect.

Hi Kayaker58,

The Q-Matic is very durable and is ridden by many as daily transportation to work and school. Quite a few have logged thousands of trouble free miles and some have well over 14,000 miles on their EZM motorbike kits. We have 2 test bikes one with over 9,000 miles and the other near 6,000 trouble free miles.

The Q-Matic drive is geared "high" to maximize the torque curve of the HS 142 and Honda GXH50 motors, and reduce motor RPM and increasing MPG. The rear sprocket can be increased in size if quicker starts are needed.

We designed the Q-Matic drive to use as many "off the shelf" items as possible to keep maintance & cost to a minimum. The drive pulleys can be replaced from the average hardware store [not the same as original, but will work]. The primary drive belt can be purchased from most auto parts stores [automotive wedge belt or AX series, depending on drive usage]. The primary belt should last thousands of miles, and we seldon sell belts. We have a large selection of belts in stock and average cost is approx. $10.00 [approx. $14.00 at NAPA, Advance Auto, Pet Boys, Etc]. The Automotive wedge belt is a HD belt with internal cords and designed to turn around small pulleys, unlike FHP belts.

The clutch is a special version made by Max Torque [American Company in IL] and parts are easy to find if ever needed.

The stock Q-Matic primary drive ratio is 2.76 X 1 and the secondary [using a 56 tooth rear sprocket] is 5.6 X 1, total is 15.45 X 1. Ratios can be changed by using different types of primary belts, and changing the size of the rear wheel sprocket. It is also possible to install different primary drive pulleys and fine tune the ratios even more.

Unlike most companies, EZM can be contacted 7 days a week.

The Q-Matic is more expensive than most drive systems [not all], but is American made, with a 1 year parts warranty. We always have parts in stock if needed....always!

Have fun,

Last edited:
Thanks Quenton, that is Exactly what i needed to hear:) I hopefully will finish the Stone Carving Orders I got and Invest in the Q-Matic:) I need Top End, I hear 40mph is possible, is that Correct? Is that the Correct Gearing/Sprocket on rear in the kit? Will that being the higher Top End gearing require Peddling from dead stop or will it take off on it's on as I throttle up?

Dumb question as I study the Q-Matic, I want to understand how it works, du:) Does is have a Centrifical Clutch, I don't believe so, if not , how does it go into Neutral when stopped, then take off on throttling up?

I saw when Site was up, the pulleys with belt and the spring loaded pulley , how does that not slip,or does it if throttled to hard from a stop, slip?

I watched Your Videos of riding Up hill from a stop and gaining power:) Very Cool, is that the same Q-Matic offered? Are they available or is there a waiting list for the Q-Matic? If I have My Own GXH 50 Honda Motor , can You tell Me what I need to complete the Q-Matic Kit, How Much for it? Or web site where to check it out and order?

Do You know why Your Web Site doesn't come up? Wanted to see which kit to order but I get Your EZM Logo and ask for email address and nothing after that?

Thanks Again for taking Time to Give Me Info, Very Cool:) I Appreciate it Very Much:)

Back