Anyone have info on the Staton 7 Speed shift kit?

Oh, I have purchased one but because I am working so hard, and I have several bike engine kits, I have not had the time to assemble this one yet.

I am very impressed with the stanton outside drive single speed that I have been using the past year. I do see the need for the gears. I have it on a tandem pulling alot of weight. Pulling a bike trailer at the same time loaded down. In city traffic I would like to have standing start capability. I think the low gears will give me that.

I purchased the Nu vinci kit also and would like to eventually compare that transmission to the stanton 7 speed. The Nu Vinci is not warrented for motorized bikes so maybe they feel its not up to the task ? At least from an abusive drivers. I will begin assembling the Nu Vinci in about 2 weeks.

If you order the 7 speed with the gear box together they might already be mated. Mine was ordered later and I will have to have the holes drilled and tapped in the gear box.

Be sure to let us hear your experiance with it.

katoomer,

Please tell us your thoughts on the comparison between the Nuvinci and 7-speed shift kit.

I purchased the Nuvinci hub by itself for $229 and am wondering what type of gearbox I should use with it. Those $20 reverse 5:1 gearboxes seem like a good idea to me. I've just gotta figure out a way to put a freewheel on instead of a fixed sprocket... :unsure:

I'm in no hurry to put it together, but I always like comparisons.

Back