Anyone interested inSpringer Forks with V-brakes

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Irish John, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Irish John

Irish John Guest

I have found a source for springer forks with V-brakes and I am getting a dozen in soon. Meanwhile I have access to old stock which has some rust spots but cleans up well with some polishing.
    If any Australian members are interested I can supply them at wholesale price plus postage - i.e I'm not making a profit. The old stock ones should be even cheaper. I think it costs about $20 maybe to post an item like this anywhere in Australia.
    If any Aussie members are interested please let me know. US members could let me know as well because more could be ordered in for them if there was a demand. I had given up on the possibilty that anyone made these forks except Schwinn & Felt who use them on the Felt Heritage and Schwinn Deluxe Seven but do not supply them as aftermarket items. In fact I don't think they supply anything as aftermarket items!
    I attach pics below of a pair of these forks that have been sitting around for some years but they seem OK when they're cleaned up. They are Chinese made and are therefor not the best quality but they are OK and they even have grub screws to hold the nuts in place.

Attached Files:

2. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Count me in John as interested.
    I'm assuming their 1" steering u know the maximum length fork stem they will fit?
  3. Irish John

Irish John Guest

Yes Fetor they are 1" external dia. and 7" long as shown in annotated picture below. I think they might just fit my Schwinn Alloy Seven which has head tube nearly 7" long. Don't know the diameter of the Alloy 7 headtube and it may be too large. What I like about telescopic forks is there's heaps of tube length so you can cut off to suit the bike.

Attached Files:

4. BSA

BSA Guest

Please count me in as interested. I shipping possible to England? *crosses fingers*

5. Irish John

Irish John Guest

I'll PM everyone who is interested and try to accommodate everyone if I can. If not at least I'll know the demand for the next order. It's diabolical that brakes on a springer are so rare.
  6. Simon_A

Simon_A Member

Definitely Interested
  7. Simon_A

Simon_A Member

Any update on these champ?
  8. Irish John

Irish John Guest

No not yet because I'm waiting on a price and it involves people in China so there are hold-ups but I can tell you that we aren't talking expensive here because the old stock I have were cheap as chips and they aren't likely to jump much.
    Stand by and be patient. We have waited 40 years for these so what difference does a few days make?
    Focus on screaming out for 1 piece cranks and I'll get the V-brake springers eventually.
  9. xianricca

xianricca New Member

10. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Forks like those listed on that site are easy to find....springer forks with V-brake lugs (like Irish is talking about)- now those are rare.
  11. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Count me in; TIA...
    P.M. when you get the full info.
  12. Simon_A

Simon_A Member

Ahh cool, didnt realise its a long term thing, thought you were getting them soon.

I'm still in for when they arrive.

All good :)
  13. skjjoe

skjjoe Member

im interested in a set of these if you can ship to us thanks ,scott
  14. KDC1956

KDC1956 Member

Springer Fork

They are nice looking springer forks you are showing.I have the one on my trike that I am still building here but it does not have the brake thing on it.real cool looking fork for sure.Hope I get my trike done by spring time I want to start riding if I can I am having to go back in the hospt..again the 26 of this month get cut open again another 6 to 8 weeks lay off:icon_cry:
  15. Irish John

Irish John Guest

They'll be coming soon by ship from China and I will try to supply to all who have expressed an interest. I will look at shipping costs to US soon. Both sea mail and air freight. The expense will be the freight not the cost of the forks themselves which aren't expensive although I haven't got a final price just yet. They will be as cheap as possible cos I'm not adding any costs except the cost price itself. They are just for us MBc members cos we are such a great bunch of people! Needless to say I'm really sorry they are coming from China and not India.