Anyone know info on: $350 ebay rack kit - 4-stroke from LiveFastMotors

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by Tom, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Tom

Tom Active Member

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

yeah...read the small print?

3. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:cool:that's $299+$51 shipping. cheap for me, since my friction drive cost me $421.95 on ebay. i DID get a genuine ROBIN engine, though.

hmm, to critique, not much info or pix offered, no closeups. not too sturdy mountings, but might work. gearing? maybe too high, but can't say without sprocket sizes.

i'll bet it's WAY undergeared.:rolleyes:

4. Tom

Tom Active Member

Gearing shouldnt be an issue since its a sprocket and I can easily get a different sized sprocket. I think that a centrifugal clutch would be best for the tandem i want to put this on.

5. larymor

larymor Guest

Looks good on web...if you get one Tom keep us posted...love my GEBE kit...but what a price!!

6. azbill

azbill Active Member

azvinnie and myself have done business face to face with livefast
    we can only vouch for the 2stroke stuff though
    he is basically a re-seller (just buys wholesale to re-sell)
    he has always done us right, and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again
    he doesn't know much technical stuff, but he is very cool with parts and taking care of you
    the price does look reasonable !!!:cool:

7. Torques

Torques Guest

8. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:cool:anyone born before 1946 will remember when the words"made in Japan" meant that the product was really junk!:yuck:

9. Torques

Torques Guest

The Chinese two stroke motors hardly have a reputation for quality, isn't that correct? What makes you think a four stroke copy of a Honda one made in China will even begin to approach a true Japanese motor?

10. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

While real Honda's have reliable histories, a "Hondalike" engine is really meaningless, painted red could be the only similarity.

And those pics sure don't have very sturdy looking mounts...

Just my opinion.

11. Tom

Tom Active Member

Yeah, I agree with that. Seller still hasn't replied to my questions...

12. azbill

azbill Active Member

I believe there is a toll-free number you can call
    yup..found it
    'Please feel free to call our Customer Service Ordering and Servicing Hot Line....(801)830-8465'
    good luck Tom !

13. Jim H

Jim H Guest

Hard to tell what with the fuzzy pictures. Fuzzy pictures make me think there is something to hide, sort of like Little George and fuzzy math. From what I can see the axle bracket looks like it might twist under throttle but at that price it might be worth a gamble, just sayin...

14. Tom

Tom Active Member

I just got a reply back:

Hmmm... for $350... Still considering it... :-|

15. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

I know that another MB'er and I bought a 2.8 HP Lifan 152F motor from china. It is said to be an exact copy of the G100 Honda.
    Wrong!
    You can't even get parts for them.
    Just a heads up!
    Doc

16. Torques

Torques Guest

Honda patient ran out? Are you kidding, those clowns, why would they let something like that happen?

17. Tom

Tom Active Member

Do you think that is a lie? :confused:

18. azbill

azbill Active Member

patents only run for so long
    how do you think generic drugs are made?

19. Tom

Tom Active Member

lol good point... but can't you renew them? I think they are only good for 25 years... Does that mean that this engine was designed back in 1982?

20. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i think ebay'ers lie as a matter of course...noone regulates 'em...certainly not ebay itself...and before MBc, who knew what was true or not? this you can count on...if tom gets one, we'll all know soon enough how it performs & whether it was worth it.

and...whether to buy them or avoid 'em like the plague...you liars better stop lying...we're gonna reign you in sooner or later, prolly thru lost sales.

i think the patent thing is him repeating whatever the supplier told him to say.

(this is not a dig at ALL ebay sellers, of course)