Anyone tempted to use cheap motorbike engines?

:cool:yep, just for kicks, i can't wait till your bike is on the road. if these pocketbike engines adapt easily to rackmount, members here will have a cheap option to run a VERY powerful engine with many inexpensive performance options available.

Hopefully the CVT will give a more evenly driveable bike.

I hope to have it running sunday If I do I'll let ya know and if you want I'll email you a picture of the finished setup.

:cool:after research on this G62PU engine, it is not a good candidate. there is no clutch or flywheel setup, as its primary use is for r/c airplanes. there is a conversion kit, but it is rare, not in production and expensive.

hmmm, maybe a pocketbike engine.

R/C airplanes?? What kind of r/c airplane uses an engine that big?

That G62PU engine looks like a nice engine to use.

I'm willing to try the PBU ULTIMATE AIR COOLED MOTOR for $415 once I feel I can get the engine driving the rear tire in a decent way.(I wonder if it really has 8 HP)

:cool:just for kicks, i was using every excuse to order that 5.4hp engine and adapt it to my bike. it is EXTREMELY lightweight(73oz=4lbs/9oz), compared to 40lb BRIGGS/HONDAS/TECUMSEHS. sadly, it's not a cheap retrofit; the engine does not have pullstart or clutch. there isn't even the 4-bolt clutch-mounting holes near the crank. the retail price($349) versus pocket bike engine($79 w/out CVT) was a no-brainer, especially since the 49cc pocket engine has pullstart,clutch, 4.4HP, and a ton of high-performance options.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really leaning to the PBU engines for the next step up in performance.But I want to make it a frame mount not rack mount, dont know if it could fit yet.

I'm not so concerned with the money end of it, I'll spend it like water, it's the backlash from the wife that I fear.

:cool:just for kicks, you sound like me.
i USED to get major backlash from my wife....until we decided to give ourselves the same monthly allowance. it was the perfect answer. now i can spend my $$ on whatever i like, no questions asked. she can do the same, so it's an EXCELLENT win-win solution, and she rarely spends as much as i do.:D

Myron

G62 engines available with clutch/flywheel!

:cool:there is hope for the ZENOAH/REDMAX engine availability:

http://catalog.redmax.com/MyCart/ProductDetails/7/G621AVS_Rear_Handle_Chainsaw.aspx

since it's on a 2.4hp chainsaw, it's gotta have a centrifugal clutch, flywheel,magneto and pullstart!

there's even a 2.8hp72cc blower engine, if anyone's interested.

surprisingly, this chainsaw selling on ebay for about the same price as daves motors' G62 airplane engine.

Myron

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my rims from a guy that got them off a tandum. There worksman 26" rims but there almost 2 inches wide and have super HD spokes . Just to give you an idea as to there size the front rim and tire weighs 11 lb.6 oz. rear weighs 14 lb 4 oz.

Back