Anyone tried this expansion chamber? Short $$$

it doesn't do anything. it's not tuned at all.
Funny you say so, it works on mine. But mine also was cut and welded in 2 places to make the muffler follow my downtube, the engine ran a bit better before my weld job however.

It's not exactly a tunable muffler, there are a few that can be customized to fit YOUR engine's needs, I got lucky maybe, maybe it's all in my head too. Old phrase comes to mind, when in doubt, do without.

Good luck, I will say however I've been dealing almost exclusively with bicycle motor works since I started diving into the motorized bicycle pool, never had a single thing to complain about him, very trustworthy.

Edit: I will also mention the baffle on the end of it is practically an empty tube, it seems to work, being I broke mine off in a fit of rage, and now it's much louder, the open space leaves lots of room to customize your mufflering needs, pack it with lots of pot scrubbers and it couldn't be heard more than 10 feet away, yank the baffle off and you'll be heard 4 blocks away.

try a real expansion chamber before you comment. currently you just don't know any better.

try a real expansion chamber before you comment. currently you just don't know any better.
You couldn't possibly know what I do or don't know, I've only been on this site for a few days at most.

Ask me what I've seen and felt in my engine during its operation with this exhaust, vs with a stock, vs stock rewelded to have a longer and curved tube between the engine and baffle, vs it with pot scrubbers in it, vs with holes drilled into the baffle, vs what it sounded and felt like before the Reed valve, port timing change, carburetor adjustments, vs the same but with a stock, and a different brand expansion chamber, vs what it is now. *changes if going up vs down a hill.

Did you might think that, out of pure chance that muffler ended up on my bike? Perhaps because the guy who sells it lives practically next door to me, sister cities, that's why I choose to bend it and weld it to fit in a few different styles on 2 different bikes.

No maybe it's because it works for me, which I determined because of what I do know, and not by ignorance. Ass hole. :)

sorry if I come off like an ass but I've gone over this a thousand times with every newbie for the past few years. I can count the number of real tuned pipes designed for a china girl on one hand, and this isn't one of them. I've tested every pipe available for this engine and I can tel you that this is no different than just an extended stock header. it's not tuned for this engine.

Edit: I will also mention the baffle on the end of it is practically an empty tube, it seems to work, being I broke mine off in a fit of rage, and now it's much louder, the open space leaves lots of room to customize your mufflering needs, pack it with lots of pot scrubbers and it couldn't be heard more than 10 feet away, yank the baffle off and you'll be heard 4 blocks away.
Had my baffle fall off while riding and it suddenly got VERY loud XD

This is the one recommended to me to be able to buy and not have to fabricate. Good chance I will have to put a silencer on it.

Back