anyone try the go-peds?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by astring, Jul 11, 2008.

1. astring

astring Member

2. well now you know why they sold it
  3. sparky

sparky Active Member

But of course. Pretty neat that guy put a Subaru on there!!

My friend bought the Riot, but IMO he got ripped off paying $1,000 for it. It's soo fun if you don't treat it like he does, tho. See here:

I feel like the whole point in having a GoPed is *not* to have a seat, tho... supposed to be more of a Segway-ish chariot-like feel. I would have opted for the GTR46i (Trail Ripper) if it were my money, tho. See here:

That C.I.D.L.I. suspension is what makes both the Riot and the Trail Ripper. Amazing innovation by GoPed... so maybe they're worth $700 each, but not much more than that.
  4. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi; throw away the ped and stick the go on the back tire.
  5. astring

astring Member

6. sparky

sparky Active Member

I woulda bought a GoPed with a Subaru on the back for $150 anyday!!
  7. astring

astring Member

he asked $250, I offered $100 (first day it was offered). i called back after a week or so and he came down to $150. I'll have fun with it.
  8. mark2yahu

mark2yahu Member

The motor deserves better than being on a go-ped :)
  9. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

What kind of clutch / output drive does that have?

Would it be possible to post a few pics of that detail?

I was thinking about putting one of these in frame and
    driving the front sprocket on a mountain bike
    See the attached pic

Attached Files:

10. sparky

sparky Active Member

Forbisher... where did you get that gas tank?!?

That's the exact one I had to take off of a friend's old scooter that didn't work. If he wouldn't have found that... I'd still be leakin' gas everywhere.
  11. astring

astring Member

I am stuck on my daughter's computer which can't upload pics. But I will be at my bro's place today and I'll try to do it there.

It has a weird little mini chain with mini links. As for the clutch I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

I was having fun with it this morning. I had to adjust the idle and I got the idea that you have to push a lot on the low end, but it does move pretty fast once you get going. Forget about tight turns.

what a great idea about that mount.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  12. astring

astring Member

FACER, actually hands and knee. ouch. These things are quick and do not handle well on with a little sand on the road.
  13. r5579

r5579 Member

They look pretty fun to me.