Anyone up for a tea party?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kerf, Apr 10, 2009.

1. kerf

kerf Guest

On April 15th, there will be "Tea Parties" across the nation to protest Federal spending and inevitable taxing that will follow. Democrats, Republicans and Independents are expected, all fearing a very out of control Congress. I have already written one of my Senators, that I've always supported and told him that I will be working for his defeat. It's a principle thing.
    If anyone is curious, take a look at the link.

http://www.americansolutions.com/General/?Page=a6386a2f-6bb2-4ee5-b230-b46b54c887e4

There will be good people there and if you show up on a MB, might get a spot on the local news.

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I went out on a limb here, (with my fellow mods) but I am Game.

let's play nice...keep it factual & above all, informative.

3. kerf

kerf Guest

Well I appreciate your understanding. IMO, this topic is a non partisan economic issue that is more about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights than anything else. I would like to see people turn out, just to listen and perhaps come to understand an alternative view point that they may have not considered. Agree or not, more knowledge is never a bad thing.

4. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

I'm going to ours!

Almost forgot. One of my signs will say: DON'T TAX ME BRO!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  5. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Sorry, kerf. I'm not able to support most of those twelve points.
    But I do still support the idea of threatening the jobs of the "insiders".

I wouldn't have felt it necessary to post in this thread. But it gave me a chance to spread a message that I think is important and that, maybe, we can agree on;

Don't re-elect any state legislators or Congressman. Maybe even Presidents (and their administrations). Even if they seem like good people. By the time they're in a position to be re-elected, they've been ruined.

6. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

This is something that we all seem to agree on, and we can "clean house" in a four year cycle. This will send our "public servants" a message that we are unhappy with them. (and have been for quite some time) It is sick to see entire families that are connected in politics. (Like the Kennedy's, Cuomo's, Bush's, etc.) The same thing goes on in state and local politics too. Time to clean house and get rid of them. There are a few exceptons to the GRIP rule - so don't throw out the baby with the bath water! Elect people that have similar values that you have, even if they have no experience in politics.

I will be attending the rally in Trenton. Plan loading a MB in my SUV, parking a few blocks away and riding the MB to the event. This way, they won't know I'm a fat cat/capitalist pig. :devi2l:

7. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

well I have been staying away from the tea party THING
    why -- as with many -- just kind of sickened by the whole government THING

I have done a lot of work with Congressmen and other government ones in the past
    as I have said before -- most up top side stink -- their word don't mean noTHING

guess that I shouldn't think that way
    still got some -- fight for the (((what's right))) in me

ride that motor bike Thing sideways

8. kerf

kerf Guest

One issue and I believe the greatest issue is Congress not following the Constitution, that they all took an oath to uphold. The Constitution gives the power to spend tax money only to the Congress. Back in the fall, at the request of the Bush Administration, Congress gave this authority to the Secretary of the Treasury. Too much power given to one individual. The Secretary is now inserting his authority into private business, that took TARP and maybe even to those that didn't. This kind of power is not what the United States is about, we must return to some kind of sanity.

IMO, the current leadership, regardless of party has become too self absorbed with gaining and holding office (power). I agree that they can never be cleansed, they've had too much power for too long to ever change.

9. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

^^ Agreed 100% ^^

10. stude13

stude13 Active Member

so much drivel. be sure to buy your tea at walmart. report all progress to hannity, good ol' bill and limbaugh and let the word go forth to all the other right-wingnuts. i fear for your sanity with eight more years ahead. pace yourselves or some might lose your edge. with palin and jindal in harness, the end of the g.o.p is at hand.

11. Mountainman

from up top the mountain -- that sounds so silly !!!

not sure if you have been paying close attention here stude13

even Obama Mama him almighty self has said
    that if things don't get better after his being in office for a few years
    he will not run again

one thing about Obama Mama
    maybe he is reading the writing on the wall already ???????
    maybe there is way more to the job than he ever dreamed ??????
    such as -- ((((not to be bowing down)))) as he did the other day to some other world leader
    what the heck was that ??????

and you guys even like Nancy Poloski or what ever her name is ??????
    man I guess that we are in for trouble !!!!!
    Nancy P is from Calif and we out here know what a true loser she is !!!!!

but after a few of these lost time years
    thinking that many will be voting in big numbers once again for the G.O.P.

ride that THING sideways

12. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I love it!

When people (democrats, republicans and ind.) get together to rally for lower taxes and encourage business growth, the lefties get all upset and start attacking radio talk show hosts. Why does Palin and Jindal scare you guys so much that you feel you must personally attack them? Remember that Palin was a VP candidate, and she had more executive experience than Obama. Biden was the best you guys could do for VP.

8 years - keep dreaming. If the elections were held again today, he'd lose. But I am happy that he won, because sometimes you need to take a step backwards before you move forward. So far, I am not disappointed, but I never expected such large step backwards. :thinking:

13. kerf

kerf Guest

Stude,

You miss the point my friend. The GOP probably will continue to lose power but as they are no friend of mine, who cares. I used to support the GOP but they have betrayed their principles, one coin, two sides, what's the difference.

14. Mountainman

just the facts please

regarding #1 above
    Palin -- still to most -- looks much better than Obama Mama

#2 above
    that Biden guy is a sad representive of the USA -- just plain sad
    and for as long as he has been in government
    he sure doesn't know much
    and yet the good old left siders want us to think he's great
    come on now

#3 above
    just the facts.........................

ride that thing sideways

15. kerf

kerf Guest

As to Palin and Jindal, I think they're great, wish they lived next door to me. If you had been paying attention, you would have realized that both have been attacked by inside the beltway Republicans. Also remember that to get the majority in the house, the RNC had support quite a few blue dog Democrats. They are more Conservative than many GOP big dogs.

16. kerf

kerf Guest

Just a followup. Yesterday, Fox had a black man and a white woman on Cavuto, both Democrats. Both had organized Tea Parties in their respective cities. This thing is crossing boundaries like wildfire.

17. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear that it's crossing party lines. Maybe it's the start of something that could be useful.

While I'm personally more attracted to the "message" of one of those major partys over the other, it really doesn't matter much. Their appeals to us are pure theater. When it comes to actually doing anything, legislation for instance, they're both playing exactly the same game. In public they are at each other's throats. And maybe they even mean it. But when it comes down to matters that threaten their position (and, more often, the people who back them) they have become a mutual protection society. It's enraging.

Maybe these tea parties are a good idea.

And I'd also suggest that everyone vote for anyone, anyone other than the major party candidate.

18. seanhan

seanhan Member

Hey !!! Can we dress up like Native Americans ( Indians)
    You know:: WOO-WOO
    Not: Would you like a slushee !!

19. Mountainman

second notice now seanhan !!!!!!

come on now seanhan -- we'll just call this your second notice !!!!

now who has ever seen a chimp dressed up as an Indian ???

come to think about it -- maybe we have seen that before...

here we go -- this could make front page in the newspaper
    chimp wearing Indian outfit riding motor bike down wrong way street

those chimps are super sweet -- just don't read that good !!!!

ride that motor bike sideways chimp

20. seanhan

seanhan Member

No

The Boston Tea Party They Dressed up like Indians and poured the Kings tea in the Harbor !!!!
    They painted there faces to make identifaction diffacult !!!
    Maybe we could have a modern take on it and have face painting for 5 bucks.. Also what about those ballons they make into Wiener Dogs...
    And we need to call it " TEA FEAST 2009 "
    and then maybe " TEA SHIRTS" !!!!!!!
    could get a sponser like Nestea...
    Man Iam tired .. Need a cool ice tea !!!
    Mountain man don't get T'd off ....