Anyone used a monsterscooterparts engine?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by kallsop, Apr 30, 2011.

1. kallsop

kallsop Member

This is the one:

Monster engine

I have no affiliation with the site, just want to know if that engine is compatible with the staton/bmp style rear friction kits, and how it performs. I don't know what the heck the power ratings is: "Max Power: 1.4kb/6500 rpm". What's that in hp?

The electric start version is only $10 more:
    It's Electric

EDIT - I read on the bmp site that it is one of their recommended engines. Still, I'd like to hear from anyone that owns one.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

I have never built a rack mount motor bike because I don't want to stop and get out of the saddle to restart it when needed. The electric start would eliminate that problem.
    Sounds worth a try.

3. DuctTapedGoat

DuctTapedGoat Member

There's been a post on that already, someone was selling a kit with a monster motor, but put a different label on it. ( I /think/, not positive what the context was)

I couldn't find it searching, but there were a few posts on Monster engines, I'd suggest use the search function and look for "Monster" and "Engine", "Kit", etc. Search a bunch of times with different combos of search terms and you can pull up /some/ info.

4. DuctTapedGoat

DuctTapedGoat Member

I'm thinking it might have been the Dax motors - without owning either I can't confirm nor deny though.

5. loquin

loquin Active Member

It would fit Staton/Gebe drives. (it uses the standard 76mm clutch)

6. cpuaid

cpuaid Member

I wonder how much louder this particular engine is compared to some of the other popular 2-stroke engines out there. The price is really good but not if they hear you coming a mile a way. I have a Huasheng 40cc and that sucker is louder than my Tanaka PF-4000 which is also loud. My larger Mitsubishi TLE43 is more quiet compared to the smaller engines. We're talking about the stock engine with the factory exhaust.

7. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

I have an identical engine on my scooter. It sounds just as loud as my Ryobi weed wacker.
    I figure that if I can hear the exhaust note of neighbors cutting weeds on the next block over, it's a little bit loud.