Anyone used one of these?

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by PiousPedals, Oct 5, 2007.

1. PiousPedals

PiousPedals Guest

http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=3014

Looks kinda sturdy and HUGE!!! GO FAST, STAY quiet, no fuel mixin... Honda power! This looks like serious potential for a coast to coast kinda rig...

Now if I could just hook up the Honda engine to my GeBe kit with ease... Hmmmm?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2007

2. Jim H

Jim H Guest

:shock:that's a monster!!!!It's definitely fast and torquey but top heavy imo.

3. PiousPedals

PiousPedals Guest

Wonder if one could remove the fuel tank and relocate a fuel tank on the frame triangle somewhere? :?: That might help with the bulky appearance, and the need to refuel so often... I still like the idea of going 40mph with a 4 stroke rack mount... I'm bettin this kit would require a really beefy bicycle! Maybe a big ol' Boss Cruiser or something... :D

4. Jim H

Jim H Guest

Mount that on a low stretch forward crank... the drive is pretty much bulletproof; could be an interesting ride.

5. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

That's a bit more motor than I would go for, but if I was going to go Rack mount again, that system with a smaller motor would be the deal.

6. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:cool:top-heavy is my impression. a MITSUBISHI 2.2hp or 2.8hp pancaked pocket bike engine would be better suited in that position.

JMO, that HONDA GX50 fits well in the midframe of a cruiser or mountain bike.

7. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest

Gx50

That's my next motor. They sell a kit for it, and you can mount it in the frame. You can even use most of the same stuf from our 2-stroke engines like the tank, sprocket, chains, etc. Just get the mount, engine and gear box, and you are set to go.

8. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:cool:Yes, the 4-stroke kit is available at www.bicycle-engines.com

you can buy the entire engine kit w/HUA SHENG chinese engine, or without engine, then use the motor of your choice.

9. OldPete

OldPete Guest

I was told by Denis at GEBE that the 4 strokes will not pull fuel from a low mounted tank as well as the 2 stroke. Aux tanks for 4 strokes do well if mounted pretty close to carb level. I am not sure... but the pulses from the crankcase work the pumping action for fuel transfer and the 2 strokes have stronger pulses twice as often as the 4 strokes.