Anyone Using Dirt Bike Rims?

5-7HEAVEN

I picked up a tip from another forum about using a 21 X 1.6 Excel dirt bike rim, then using 8-gauge spokes and bicycle hubs. With dirt bike tires, it comes out to 26" diameter, just like bicycles. The tipster claims that front dirt bike rims can be used for the rear of the bicycle.

I'd LOVE to run these on my 26" MB. Not concerned about the amount of power needed to use dirt bike tires, because I have hp to spare.

Anyone using dirt bike rims?:unsure:

Hey
If you can find some old steel workman wheels they are up to par with them dirt bike rims super stout and some down hill hubs will tak the 10 guage spokes if u wana run disc brakes.

That thread is in both this sites archives and the other motorized bicycle site.
His name has the word hawaii in it.
He was at first overjoyed.
His last post says it sits in his garage unused because it was simply TOO heavy a 250 dollar loss.

He used a 2.5 inch front dirt bike tire on it.

There is curently one for sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...90438388895&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:MOTORS:1123

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks spad. I researched the archives under dirt bike, couldn't find it here.

His handle is hawaiioutdoors, I believe.

I'll PM him for more info.

Google for his posts The result is better than using this sites search as lots of stuff has been LOST over the years.

Back