Anyone with an OCC chopper throw me a bone!!!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Rileymoto, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Rileymoto

Rileymoto Member

:helmet:Well i got my 125cc engine!

Its as shmexy as i would have imagined!

So i got a shopping list of what else i need! Tell me if i am missing anything else!

Also i have no idea what type of sprocket adaptor to buy!!! There are small ones and large ones.... idk what my chopper needs!!!

Help me! lol

One more question

With such a high powered engine what tooth count do you think i should go for..?

Ok shopping list...

-Headlight
    -Sprocket adaptor (need to know the size)
    -Sprocket (how many teeth)
    -Lots of chain
    -Brake lights
    -Turn siganls
    -Magneto
    -Kill switch
    -Throttle cable

Sorry if i sound desprate guys but i want to start ordering this stuff asap!!!

Thanks much!

Jonathan :helmet:

2. ENO

ENO Member

Occ Chopper Bits

HeY Riley ENO (Down Under)..Wevre got an OCC Stingray Chopper just finished..Difficult build as the kits are usually made for diamond frames and round tubing..OCCs have eliptical frame..You may not have considered an ENGINE MOUNT..(buy one already made Barry Ebay ? or some suppliers sell them..better to buy a premade sprocket set up as you have to drill holes in that little back hub. Also dump the Chinese chain and get a motorbike / roller chain SIZE 415 S..(Fenner Roller Chain in Oz) stronger and more reliable..Check out my ALBUM via ENOto see how we got there..Will kep tracking your progress..good luck ENO

3. Rileymoto

Rileymoto Member

Hey ENO!

Thanks for the advice but i need to know a few more specfic things....

Well my engine is much bigger than many other engines on this website do i have to make my own mount!

But my question is What size of rear sprocket addaptor do i need to get There is a small one and a big one... What one did you get for the OCC chopper???

4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

IMO.... you should switch the rear wheel to a similar sized motorcycle wheel, with a good disc or drum brake set-up.
    the stock stingray wheel WILL FAIL , with all the added power of a 125cc engine.

5. Rileymoto

Rileymoto Member

Yeah but then i loose the pedal capabilitys

And what do you mean fail??? Because i just bought a brand new wheel and backed the tube up like crazy

6. azbill

azbill Active Member

the stock freewheel has been known to seize

funny if you're watching...
    really f-n scary if it's you on the bike
    (i have never seen azvinnie's legs move that fast before or since)

7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

fail = spoke breakage or hub problems. This wheel was designed for pedal only operation. I assume your 125cc engine is multi-geared?

remember I said, "IMO". :grin5:

you asked.... I answered.

8. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

big difference between 48-66cc and 125cc!!!!
    best to start out being well informed. :grin5:

9. Rileymoto

Rileymoto Member

I've made a few bikes before.

I just need to know that sprocket adaptor size

Spending 65.00$ and realizing its the wrong size is not my favorite thing to do

10. Rileymoto

Rileymoto Member

Ok the project has changed a bit lol

Thanks for the input guys i was being a bit stupid!!!

Well i am gonna get a dirtbike rear wheel with a hydrolic disc brake!!!

I'll find a wheel that has close to the measurements and i'll tell you about the rest....

Anyone know how i remove the pedals and the crank and put in foot pegs?

11. azbill

azbill Active Member

a crank puller and wrenches

12. Rileymoto

Rileymoto Member

13. Clotho

Clotho Member

I guess you have finally realized that you are building a motorcycle and not a motorized bike?

Here is a video of a bike like yours with a 125cc motor in it. I hope you find this useful. You should be able to plan out all the other modifications you are going to have to make as there are a great many.

Have fun and be sure to wear a helmet!

14. Porkchop

Porkchop Member

If you plan on riding this thing on the road you definitely need to look into your local laws. Most states limit engines to no more than 50cc and no more than 2 horse power, and they have to have peddles and few other requirements. Be careful. You may be on the road to a very bad legal situation. Not to mention a 125 cc engine on most bicycles is going to be a death trap. Riding a bicycle at 30 or 40 miles per hour is a whole new experience. They're nothing like a motorcycle thats designed and made for they're intentions.