Apprehensive First MB Build - Cranbrook

It could be that removing the dust cap completely would offer an advantage; you'll be so worried about the condition of your bearing on that side that you'll be cleaning and re-greasing often. Perhaps as often as the rest of us wish we were doing it.

Well, Thatsdax.com just ran out of inventory for the F50 (47cc). Is there any other online retailers that have the same quality product engine kit similar to that kit?

Although the next bigger kit the F60 (62cc), is not sold out, does anyone think that this kit would install with similar ease and run efficiency?

Should I find another under 50cc kit or go ahead and get the F60(62cc) from thatsdax.com?

Thanks again!

Thinking about that dust cap thing, it might be best to have it on there. Consider; to clean and relube those bearings will require that you take the drive sprocket off. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's a bit of a pain. Repeating it over and over might be just a bit too much trouble.

I doubt if you'll have regrets over your dax 80 cc. He's a solid vendor with a solid product. I've bought two 50s from him and they are just fine. He also has a good reputation around here.

I might have to stop recommending him, though, since it seems like he's no longer an MBC sponsor. Not that that's a sin in itself, but I feel as though I ought to show loyalty to the actual sponsors.

Yes, after all mulling around about it I believe that I will try my best to leave the blasted dust cap on. Seeing that continual necessary maintenance on the rear bearings would get old fast.

It definitely seems that there is a good following for the dax products. I haven't found a person able to say a bad thing about his operation. If something goes wonky it seems he is always there to right the wrong.

Thank you for the continual insight,

Well, Happy Birthday to me! I just got in my thatsdax kit and started putting everything together!

Well of course, I have ran into a bit of a snag. While putting on the back sprocket it doesn't seem like I have everything quite right. I have hardly any spacing on my bolt to fit on my washers and nut.

Would someone that has a Cranbrook setup mind taking some pictures of their back sprocket assemble and rear hub section?

Also, I have already taken the dustcap off. Everything still seems to be quite spaced out away from the spokes.

I thought I would include some pictures of what I have so far.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/agentjosh77/P1000049.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/agentjosh77/P1000048.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/agentjosh77/P1000047.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
ALright great! That is the installation guide that I am following. I guess I just have to really crank down and get everything real tight. Much more so than I thought.

Thanks!

Make sure the stack goes, from the outside in, sprocket, rubber ring, spokes, rubber ring, retaining plates.
It looks like you have both rubber rings in the inside. you need to have one between the sprocket and spokes and one inside the spokes, like a spoke sandwich.

Back