April '09- 1,000 plus miles w/ RS 35cc....

oyeah zevo!u must be bored with this thread cause u come in here and your post only qoutes me and bashes me.and doesnt say anuything about an awsome 1000 mile ride.

I was just reading and enjoying it. I don't think anyone not familiar with the area or involved in the ride, should post. But that's just me. Sorry, I was just put off by the bored yawn.

No more mention of steep, I promise....headed west this morning, as soon as the rain stops. First chance to test versus a definite headwind, remnants of whatever passed through Alabama a few hours ago.

There is a potential for strong to severe thunderstorms across the western two-thirds of Alabama. The storms have entered from Mississippi and are moving eastward.

The storms could bring hail and 60 mph winds through the area, said meteorologist Mark Linhares.

The threat of severe weather for the Birmingham area should dissipate after 2 a.m. as a cold front moves through.

Tonight, any campsite in the middle of South Carolina, no matter what the distance ends up, will be acceptable.

I'm mailing home ($3.14 postage) one of the fleece hoodies, the 3 bootleg CD's from the concert, ( http://www.archive.org/details/thedead2009-04-12.cmx4v ) and another small item or two. There are no more freezing temps ahead.

I brought a "mountain" and "highway" belt drive gear in my kit, if the wind dies down Wed., I hope to switch to the "highway" 13 tooth and pick up maybe 2-3 m.p.h. Changing the drive gear should trim the $6.68 gas expense also, (or let's just hope so.)

See ya later folks !

'Bama, you continue to stand upon the pillar next to Geroge in my book. You continue to inspire me to get back out there, and I really love all the "Hip Tips & Tricks" in your posts of adventure; I'm learning from your experiences!
On a side note, have you noticed that each road, and day, has it's own rhythm, rhyme, and meter; it's own spirit, soul and personality? I found that to be very intriguing, and once you find that rhythm, how it kinda shapes that day's journey... Keep on with it my fellow road rat, you are aces in my book!!!

uncle punk whos geroge?couldnt find him.bama hope u dont get to wet.it was coming down in buckets here in florida this morning.but we needed it.even a few tornados we didnt need.anyways i hope your able to use that top end gear.see ya soon take lots of pics.

uncle punk whos geroge?couldnt find him.bama hope u dont get to wet.it was coming down in buckets here in florida this morning.but we needed it.even a few tornados we didnt need.anyways i hope your able to use that top end gear.see ya soon take lots of pics.

LOL!!! I spelled it wrong; George A. Wyman- First Motorized/Motorcyclist/Motor Bicyclist to cross the United States, back in 1903...
:)

bike and hike

May 10 with chinese 2 stroke 50cc --i plan to do 1500 miles thru the mountains here---penticton to prince rupert--down vancouver island and home---will keep you posted -will be pulling a Bob trailer--single wheel--less width--plan to pack like backpacking --40 pounds

Attachments

• Photo 1743.jpg
    Photo 1743.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Back