Are people becoming more stupid lately?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KilroyCD, Oct 13, 2009.

1. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I'm convinced that people becoming more stupid as years go on. Two phone calls I had today at work (within a half hour of each other) have helped to lead me to this conclusion. First, I'm not going to say where I work, as you guys would probably find me and call to bust on me (lol). So let's say I work for "Pet Supply Warehouse". Okay, here's the first call:
    Me: Thank you for calling Pet Supply Warehouse, this is Chris. How may I help you?
    Caller: What time do you close?
    Me: We close at 6pm.
    Caller: Thank you. By the way, what's your phone number there?

So, one caller calls to ask our phone number. Sheez...

Second caller:
    Me: Thank you for calling Pet Supply Warehouse, this is Chris. How may I help you?
    Caller: Do you have a table for three for this evening?
    Me: Uh, sorry, but this is a pet supply store, not a restaurant.
    Caller: Oh, okay, do you have their number?

It's not even a full moon...I was beginning to wonder if I was on Candid Camera!

2. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

You should have asked for there name and made a reservation for their party.
  3. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

the first guy may have had 411 dial the number for him and just didn't write it down. The second was just stoned.

I think we are too dependent on computers for everything. We are losing the ability to think for ourselves and the democrats aren't helping. I am just waiting for the state of California to bubble wrap everything and just get it over with already.
  4. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

that is funny sh!t...
  5. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Never knew I had a conection... Hey Kilroy, I want to start a Chinchilla ranch!

Ag's got the hotdog stand....

And the furs, you might ask? We've got a lot of Canadian's of this thing... I could stich them into underware and sell them to the guy's up North for the strippers! They don't know how else to get that area warm!

6. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I manage the IT helpdesk for a company with roughly 500 employees. Our techs have driven over an hour to remove the protective foil from an ink cartridge. (you know, the one that says "remove before use". We've driven out to turn on computers because the user didn't realize that the monitor wasn't the computer. They figured that the power light on the monitor meant that the computer was "on".

I could write a book!
  7. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Computer Dummies....oh no...thats me
  8. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

True Story

A couple years ago, on the loading dock (here in Kansas), where I was working .... a trucker asked me what was the best way for him to get to Nashville, Tenn.

I asked him if He could sing !