Are there any 49/50cc engines out there with a right-sided crank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thescooterguy sells a kit to power your bike,the way you are describing. Contact him...
@thescooterguy

Yeah, most of those solutions are too complicated. .

If you don't want answers....don't ask.

I'm just looking into ways of simplifying the project
nothing really simple about home-built.

you want simple....buy a friction drive kit.
Installs in 30 minutes (give or take)... add fuel & go. :devilish:

I seem to vaguely remember that the 50 cc Tecumseh engine ran CW.In any case if you want to power the bike via the crank you need at least a 20:1 reduction from engine crankshaft to crank (more if the transmission ratio crank to rear is more than 1:1).This cannot be accomplished with a single reduction, you need an built-in gear reduction in the engine itself also,as was shown in the picture shown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you serious?,I thought that the problem is with the timing, which would be late if you reverse the direction of rotation. (after TDC).What the orientation of the head has to do with it is a complete mystery to me.

its the the ignition coil normally if you turn the head around the flywheel with the magnet on it h its the coil from neg to pos, its supposed to gouthe other way . but with the tanaka's you can turn the coil also , so timing stays the same , love those tanaka's but for 300 bucks compared to 150.oo for a Mitsubishi ,that's too much money for just a balanced motor ,

ez-go golf carts change engine rotation with a shift lever. i would like to know how it works.

Frankly, I'm still in the dark as far as turning the head is concerned,may be I'm dense.Are we talking about a true cylinder head,or everything above the crankcase.Is there something special about Tanakas to justify such a price disparity?.The Mitsu.TLE 43 is a nice little 2 stroke, with that neat stratified scavenging system cutting down the HC pollution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back