Are these cheap tachometers any good?

Dankoozy

Local time
10:58 AM
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
My cheap bicycle speedometers have been very reliable, so the tach will probably be dependable too.

They both look good. Shame you can't get the analogue display tachometer in a reduced rpm range, like 6,000 rpm max, because if it was available, i would buy it in a heartbeat.

I am just using a bicycle speedo that's programmed to display engine rpm by means of the pickup mounted on the SickBikeParts jackshaft.

I have a "Tiny tach" and seems to work great.
Only thing is the battery is not replaceable, though good for years according to the mfg.

i actually just bought one of the tachometers in the first link. im just waiting for it to come in the mail since its coming from china. :mad:

i made a tachometer recently following a schematic i found online but i dont know if it actually works because i havent hooked it up yet. its an LED bar type and with my fingers crossed, i hope it works.:D
CE83217E-FEF5-44E4-B853-9B8E0421E98C-11444-0000121479C5CD85_zps04f6ef79.jpg

Had an Allied Electronics Hour meter / tach on a tractor many years ago. Ground one lead to engine, other lead wraps around plug wire,
stick module where you can see it. Don't know how accurate, but worked well, when tractor sold several months later, still had a bright display.

Back