Are these rims worth $40.00 used

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Thomas Williams, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams New Member

Hello I wanting a better set of rims
    I can get a used set (tested to be in good shape and true) they, came off a $15,000 hand made Swiss bicycle, that the frame got mucked up so the bike shop is selling the parts off the bike.
    I there used but only $40.00 + $25 shipping for the set , they originally had them marked at $120.00 + $25.00 shipping but did not sell so I offered them $40.00 and to my surprise they took me up on my offer e.
    the seller said they are an off size and not a high demand so there now selling them at a loss.

Alesa 420 alloy, 700C made in Belgium rim for 28X1 5/8 tire

2. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Don't know about the brand of the rims but it's the shipping that scares me. That seems way too cheap for a box holding 2 metal 28" rims, I'd check on that. How much use have the rims had? Bearings ok? Wear on the side of the rim from using the brakes?........good luck.
  3. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

yes a set of 28" worth the $65.00 even used
    so at worse you got a set that is at least as good as what you got , but probable a far better rim set then what you have now.

Don't know what kind of tires you have but go with a Kevlar or wire wrapped tires , will help with flats .
  4. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams New Member

I have purchased from them several times most of the time there shipping is free or real cheap.
    They also offer a 100% money back guarantee including shipping back to them if I'm not happy.

There a private auction company so there shipping rates are far better then you and I could ever get

I'll keep you informed