Are you legal?

Yes, probably

This is the vehicle code that pertains to the area I live.
http://www.greenemotor.com/download/vc_for_mopeds.pdf
Good to know if you live in CA. just incase the police officer
doesn't. I've never had a problem but I'm pretty mellow. I've
met some motorized bike riders that told me of their constant
hassles with cops but I think most of those was brought on themselves
by their own attitude.

Brian M.,

I'm in the upper mid-west. I realized right away if I keep a low profile that would be good. Intuition has worked so far. When I go blazing past a cop I turn the motor down and fake pedaling. If they don't hear the motor it seems to not attract attention. The cammo/ visual effect of the rack mounted motor seems to help. If I had a beautiful Whizzer i would be the object of an APB.

Michael

Last edited:
I wish I could get a plate and proudly display it on my bike. Let them pull me over every five minutes, who cares.

Why make a bike legal, then drive without the license plate ? If you do get pulled over, the first thing the officer will ask is, "Where's your plate?" All registered vehicles that are issued a plate, must display them. I think.

they can impound your bike , dyno test . then charge ans screw you over:confused:

I can't imagine anybody taking it that far, on a small, practically crankcase-less toy motor.
A big waste of time and taxpayer money. Unless you give them good reason.:devilish::)

Pedal assist bikes are not legal in Michigan. I don't care. I'm a rebel. I just be careful.

they can impound your bike , dyno test . then charge ans screw you over:confused:

My God! That is sick:mad:

To you unfortunate people who live in these anti-motorbike enforced areas: go electric. It will take you right off the radar screen. Go lithium ion; low profile.

cops dare not fight me CS police that is but the bryan PD helps me so yeah im legal as long as i dont go over 40mph and its all cool

Back