Argh! 4-Stroke frame mount availability frustration

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by sjackson, Jul 21, 2008.

1. sjackson

sjackson Member

I literally ordered my 4-stroke frame-mount kit one week too late. It went on back order. At the time I was told "4 more weeks." That was over 5 weeks ago. I asked again... "3 more weeks"

two months? what the heck? what's the hold up? Summer is going to be over before I can take advantage of this. I'm half tempted to just cancel my order and say screw it.

Even if I could just find the gearbox, the rest of it I can do myself.

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

if someone comes up with a reliable 4stroke frame mount that actually works and IS available, they will make a killing :shock:

3. TWalker

TWalker Guest

Get a rack mount. I havn't heard Staton having any backorders, I just bought one from them and it shipped ASAP.

ASFAIK Staton is the best.

4. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Yes -- Station just told me that they HAVE MANY IN STOCK.. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

5. sjackson

sjackson Member

Rack mount won't work for me. I use my rear rack regularly for carrying cargo.

I think I'm just going to try and hunt down the gearbox. I can either fabricate or locate all of the other parts anyway.

6. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

GearBox on eBay

7. sjackson

sjackson Member

I refuse to buy from that guy. See this thread. As an online merchant who also sells stuff on eBay on the side, guys like this ruin it for the rest of us. All it takes is one fraudster like that to ruin the credibility of everybody on the site in the eyes of potential customers. Times are hard as heck right now, so that kind of behavior is particularly inappropriate.

But thanks for finding that link. Still appreciated.

8. TWalker

TWalker Guest

Buy from Brian? ha surely your kidding?

9. sjackson

sjackson Member

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, it's possible he didn't know.

10. TWalker

TWalker Guest

Of course. Thats my way of letting him know. But to be specific: Revolution Cycles and Brian Semone are generally to be avoided in my opinion.

11. wayja

wayja New Member

I purchased a 4 stroke engine kit from www.BikeKitsDirect.com and found them to be the cheapest kit out there. Last time I talked with them they had 20 kits left. Get them before their gone.

Wayja

12. TWalker

TWalker Guest

Does anyone know which one this is? Is it the JL Hoot or the Grubee? I'm not well versed on these frame mount 4 strokes but I believe there are basically 2 versions, the Grubee type being the one with less problems with the gearbox.

I'm in the market for another 4 stroke.

Thanks

13. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi; i just found a 50cc 4stroke at duro power for 149.00

14. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Thats the JL Hoot gearbox which you don't want
    You can get them cheaper than that anyway.
    ------------------------------------------

http://www.duropower.com/item.asp?PID=88&FID=3&level=1

Thats $169 shipped + they charge CA sales tax

I would rather spend a few more dollars and get the real 50cc Honda for
    $225 delivered from small engine warehouse

15. sjackson

sjackson Member

Well, I just found out that it's going to be more like 45 days before the wholesaler in the US has them in stock. By the time I actually get mine, summer will literally be over.

Awesome :-x

I think at this point I might as well just wait for Dax's frame mount.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  16. grezm0nkey

grezm0nkey Member

looks like Im in the same boat here. i saw grubee gearbox on ebay, but reading about revolution, i dont know. no one sells a honda gxh50 with grubee gears??? didnt dax mention a frame 4 stroke in sept???

17. ocscully

ocscully Member

The most recent blurb I read from Dax on the frame mount was maybe available for sale by next Spring?

ocscully

18. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

No one sells a Honda with the Grubee gearbox that I know of, but there is a good source for the engine (Small Engine Warehouse). I, in fact, bought my gearbox and kit from he who is avoided by most. I've heard horror stories that I do not doubt, but my transaction went well....but that was before I was apprised of the reputation. I neither recommend for or against, I just say that my experience was not bad.

19. grezm0nkey

grezm0nkey Member

Hough you have the 2 components together right? gxh50 and grubee gear. if Im not mistaken, they fit perfect. did you use most of the parts in the kit and just replace motor?

Im alittle confused here. i search for 4 stroke kit and in most pics i dont see a grubee gearbox. do i need to purchase the gearbox alone? or the gearbox comes with a generic 4 stroke motor and if i wanted to mate it up with a gxh50, then i would have to purchase the gxh50.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  20. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest