Argh! 4-Stroke frame mount availability frustration

I purchased a 4 stroke engine kit from www.BikeKitsDirect.com and found them to be the cheapest kit out there. Last time I talked with them they had 20 kits left. Get them before their gone.

Wayja

Does anyone know which one this is? Is it the JL Hoot or the Grubee? I'm not well versed on these frame mount 4 strokes but I believe there are basically 2 versions, the Grubee type being the one with less problems with the gearbox.

I'm in the market for another 4 stroke.

Thanks

I purchased a 4 stroke engine kit from www.BikeKitsDirect.com and found them to be the cheapest kit out there. Last time I talked with them they had 20 kits left. Get them before their gone.

Wayja
Thats the JL Hoot gearbox which you don't want
You can get them cheaper than that anyway.
------------------------------------------

http://www.duropower.com/item.asp?PID=88&FID=3&level=1

Thats $169 shipped + they charge CA sales tax

I would rather spend a few more dollars and get the real 50cc Honda for
$225 delivered from small engine warehouse

Well, I just found out that it's going to be more like 45 days before the wholesaler in the US has them in stock. By the time I actually get mine, summer will literally be over.

Awesome :censored:

I think at this point I might as well just wait for Dax's frame mount.

Last edited:
looks like Im in the same boat here. i saw grubee gearbox on ebay, but reading about revolution, i dont know. no one sells a honda gxh50 with grubee gears??? didnt dax mention a frame 4 stroke in sept???

looks like Im in the same boat here. i saw grubee gearbox on ebay, but reading about revolution, i dont know. no one sells a honda gxh50 with grubee gears??? didnt dax mention a frame 4 stroke in sept???

The most recent blurb I read from Dax on the frame mount was maybe available for sale by next Spring?

ocscully

No one sells a Honda with the Grubee gearbox that I know of, but there is a good source for the engine (Small Engine Warehouse). I, in fact, bought my gearbox and kit from he who is avoided by most. I've heard horror stories that I do not doubt, but my transaction went well....but that was before I was apprised of the reputation. I neither recommend for or against, I just say that my experience was not bad.

Hough you have the 2 components together right? gxh50 and grubee gear. if Im not mistaken, they fit perfect. did you use most of the parts in the kit and just replace motor?

Im alittle confused here. i search for 4 stroke kit and in most pics i dont see a grubee gearbox. do i need to purchase the gearbox alone? or the gearbox comes with a generic 4 stroke motor and if i wanted to mate it up with a gxh50, then i would have to purchase the gxh50.

Last edited:
Back