Arizona Motorized Bicycle Laws

Arizona Motorized Bicycle Laws

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
1:42 PM
Anton submitted a new resource:

Motorized Bicycle Laws in Arizona - License Not Required & Registration Not Required

In Arizona a motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle is defined as a bicycle or tricycle that is equipped with a helper motor that:

• has a maximum piston displacement of 48cc or less,
  • may also be self-propelled,
  • is operated at speeds of less than 20mph.
Providing your motorized bicycle falls under these specifications you can ride it on the roads in Arizona and you may also use rights-of-way designated for the exclusive use of bicycles.

The laws for motorized bicycles in Arizona are as follows:

• A certificate of title is not required for a motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle in Arizona.
  • Registration is not required for a motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle in Arizona.
  • Vehicle license tax is not imposed on a motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle in Arizona.
  • A driver license is not required to operate a motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle in Arizona.
In the state of Arizona, a local authority may adopt an ordinance that regulates or prohibits the operation of motorized electric or gas powered bicycles or tricycles.

Reference: https://www.azleg.gov/ars/28/02516.htm

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Yes, I have had the link to AZ Statute regarding motorized bikes up for 7 yeasr on my web site.

I keep trying to get the laws relaxed but no luck so far.

The law attached is for bicycles with helper motors. What about minibikes? Same laws apply???

Back