Army theme Build! noobie

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by tim15328, Feb 23, 2015.

1. tim15328

tim15328 New Member

This is my first post and first build. so please don't not speak up because of a "obvious issue" :whistling:. But I've read a lot and looking for opinions.

First. I'm pretty sure i chose to go with a 4 stroke.(ghost racer 7G?) mostly for reliability. ill like to be able to cruise between fishing spots and back and forth to college occasionally. (7.2 miles safe route)

Second. i want to go with an old school Army theme (OD green and white star). i was thinking this bike.
    Ill take it apart and paint it up and all. I've thrown around the idea of my gas tank being a ammo can locate on a rack over the rear tire. but it might look a little goofy and get in the way of a backpack. or find someone to fabricate a gas tank to fit in the frame. but might be pricey. or go with the tear drop tank :ack2:.

Third. i want to flip the bars for the matched look but concerned about comfort. I also plan to sweep back the seat post for the bobber type leather seat. do they sell seat posts like that already?

Thanks in advance and I promise to keep you all posted when the build comes together!:grin5:

2. Arty

Arty Active Member

About the bars - I started out with my bars turned down flat track style, and while I really like the look, I found it just put too much weight on the arms and shoulders, so I changed them.
    It sounds like you are building your bike to be practical transportation as well as fun, so for me, I'd go with riding comfort over looks. - - just a thought.
  3. 1983JZR3W

1983JZR3W Member

Just looked at your link..........are you going to motorize a wooden stool? :confused:
  4. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

An inert 81mm mortar round would make a nice tank too.
  5. tim15328

tim15328 New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. mortar shell would be awesome too!come on your suppose to be eliminating options, not making more :). Also upon your recommendation I will leave the bars normal, I think it will suit my intended purpose better. I have no idea about the link changing lol. its suppose to be the Huffy Millenial 29" cruiser.
  6. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

Good choice of bike