Stolen Arroyo Grande, CA STOLEN

kyndpurplebiker

Local time
2:06 AM
Hi folks!

I am so bummed right now. I use my MB as my primary transportation. I was so stoked because I am barely making it financially and I saved up enough money to buy a new engine from BikeBerry.com (I was very happy to get the black one) after wearing my engine out. (had it for 2 years!)
I removed my older engine and stored it for parts and took my bright a** orange bike out to my carport in my gated community (EVERYONE has unlocked bikes in they're spots!) and left it overnight. I woke up in the morning and loaded my backpack, got ready for work and went down to pedal my bike to work. It was gone.
The thief not only took my transportation but they took a bike from a poor single father who cannot afford to buy a new bike. Now, I not only have a new engine with no bike but I have to walk to work as there are no buses that run anytime near when I have to be there.
I know, boo hoo, pity me. It sucks.
The Bike is a bright orange wal-mart type bike. It is a Kahuna Moon Dog (I LIKED IT THOUGH.) with Sta-Tru rear wheel with rear sprocket still attached. Frame Mount Holes still drilled in it. Front brake removed. No grips as I was ready for new ones and new HD black gooseneck. Custom rear tire and seat.
I am a service writer at a pretty well known local shop so I have spread the word to parts house drivers and tow truck drivers and that bike is pretty well known around here so I hope it turns up but if anyone sees it around....I could surely use it.
Also, If anyone has a new or used bike to donate to a hard working single father, I would gladly accept it with all gratefulness and appreciation!

Lemme Know and keep on MB'ing on!!!

Peace,

SeAnDi
AKA kyndpurplebiker

That is a bummer.

"I know, boo hoo, pity me." But you shouldn't feel bad about feeling bad, and mad, about it. And we feel bad for you.

Now if we could only form an MBC posse and round up the jerk that took it. It can't be done, but if you imagine it then maybe it'll take a bit of the sting out of it.

And I have a bike or two that I'd gladly donate. But I'm afraid shipping to CA would cost more than they are worth.

from past experiences seems about half of stolen bicycles are found
check with the pooolice
some homeowners and renters insurance policys cover stole bicycles

I would like to see some kind of money reserve started here
so as to help ones who have their MBs stolen

maybe -- a member in good standing -- whatever that is
has his or her MB stolen
replaced or a couple of hundred dollars sent to them
would be like an insurance thing for those that pay in
one dollar a month -- bicycle insurance

when I owned a bicycle shop back in the 70's their was insurance offered
we sold it -- don't remember much about it -- we didn't sell much

ride the motor bike

I'm looking at the "Bikes for sale" section of craigslist every day for my stolen MB here in SLO. I'll keep an eye out for your ride and let you know if I see anything.

What kind of low life would steal an MB? It quite obvious that a person using it as transportation is not rich and very well depends a lot on it. It's not like stealing some rich guy's red convertible plaything, this is like really take bread from a starving man.

Too bad the law doesn't take into account these things and punish accordingly.

I never leave anything little and motorized outside at night.
People will steal anything that looks this much fun to ride.
I'm very sorry...
A cop once told me something I will never forget after I got a bunch of stuff
ripped off out of my van.

"They can't steal it if they can't see it"

Sounds straight forward, but it has worked for me ever since.
I now bring anything valuable inside, especially fun stuff that is attractive to a thief.

That's a bummer, I'll keep an eye out.

I lock mine up even if I'll be 2 minutes in the store, these bikes are just two tempting for some people. I also turn my choke off, most don't seem to know about that, so if someone really want's and they don't know they will be pedaling away thinking it's a lemon. I'm also working on hiding my kill switch somewhere on my bike. I don't want to make it too easy on any one that tries too take mine and them riding away using the motor is too easy.

I hope you get you ride back.

The other day my neighbor was having his yard service mow and edge.
A couple of us were standing in my front yard watching.
all of a sudden a truck stops in the street a guy jumps out a grabes a echo weedeater out of the yard guys trailer throws it in the pickup and hall's ***.
We just stood there amased at this brazen act !!!!
Talk about gone in 60 seconds... It was gone in 2.8 seconds !!!
There is currently no shortage of scumbags in the world !!!

Back