Aspiring Hughes

B

bonnevejou

The first airplane ever built by the Wright Brothers was made of bicycle parts and the famous, Howard Hughes began his life as an aviator/engineer by being the first kid in Houston to attach an engine to his bicycle. For these historical connections and more, I believe that every pilot or aircraft designer ought to be a bicyclist at heart.

The name's Bonne Dorrello and after 22 years of life on two wheels, I've finally felt it time to earn my wings by first paying homage to Big H with a motor-mounted bicycle.

My most recent steed, a DellaCruz '05 Diamondback with thousands of miles over rain, snow, and countless accidents that could shame the crash of the XF-11, will be recieving the honor of being equipped with a Ruihong Enterprises single cylinder, air-cooled, 2-stroke 80cc engine.

I'm currently biking out of the State of Washington but I'm hoping that the extra juice of a gas-powered motor will be the ticket for a number of cross country trips to satisfy my wanderlust while I'm still grounded.

It's a pleasure to be among you folks - cheers~

the diamondbacks are a favorite of mine, maybe because when i first started getting serious i learned they offered an excellent range of frame sizes, that's a nice cruiser you chose...i can tell by your intro and experience that you promise to be a great asset to the board and the community :)

the whole airplane-bicycle thingy is entirely on-the-mark in my book, too...i feel like i own an ultra-lite without the wings ;)

i'm going to be doing more and more long distance treks, also out of WA state...more riders, more better...check out "let's ride" to meet the PNW-Riders if you like having company on the road :D

welcome to the MBc :cool:

Back