atombikes' 2007 Whizzer NE5

Status
Not open for further replies.

atombikes

Local time
3:44 AM
I just bought this today for $380 (including a helmet). The seller could not find the key, but said her husband never had any issues with the Whizzer. So, I could not start it before I bought it. Seemed like a good deal so I bought it.

Is there a way to bypass the ignition switch to test the engine? Like jump across the switch?

Also, I noticed when I was spinning the engine (to make sure it wasn't seized) that there was this odd bumping/chunking kind of sound coming maybe from the engine? Not sure if this is normal or not?

20131214_153309.jpg

20131214_153313.jpg

20131214_153326.jpg

20131214_153332.jpg

It looks nice & really good price. Looks like it has an auto clutch. Did you get a title? If you were at the Outer Banks you were near Quenton.

It looks nice & really good price. Looks like it has an auto clutch. Did you get a title? If you were at the Outer Banks you were near Quenton.

JB,
Thanks. I thought it seemed like a good price, even though I'm going to have to do a lot of cleaning and corrosion removal. Is the Auto Clutch a good thing? The bike is from Maryland, but apparently the owners had a place down in Kitty Hawk and I assume (based on the rust/corrosion) that he must have cruised it there. I did get a title; it's plated and last registration was 2009.

As I understand the sellers situation, he bought the bike and used it for a short while, then unfortunately slipped into some form of dimentia, which explains why his wife could not find the key. Forgot to mention in opening post that the odometer has 79 miles on it.

JB,
Thanks. I thought it seemed like a good price, even though I'm going to have to do a lot of cleaning and corrosion removal. Is the Auto Clutch a good thing? The bike is from Maryland, but apparently the owners had a place down in Kitty Hawk and I assume (based on the rust/corrosion) that he must have cruised it there. I did get a title; it's plated and last registration was 2009.

I think the auto clutch & a title is great!

Here's a pic of the carb. I read somewhere that later model NE-5 had an aluminum spacer between the carb and engine, and that if the engine has the spacer chances are there are also some mods done internally in the engine that make it better/more reliable.

Doesn't look like mine has the spacer.

Anyone know if this is true? I understand the spacer will act as a thermal break.

20131215_151744.jpg

I got the Whizzer started today (finally). The idle seems high, and the carb is a little fuel starved. I got it up to 30mph on the flats.

Here are two videos of this lovely flathead engine running.

Last edited by a moderator:
The spacer you are talking about comes with the new cylinder kits that sell on ebay. I think the main reason for it is just to make the new carb (that you will need to buy, but is not mentioned) will fit the new setup. If you look up the kit on ebay sold by whizzerpaul you can send him a question or wait till Quenton sees this post and he will probably know something.

I should also and that the spacer is needed for fitment of the carb when putting that new kit on the WC 1 motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back