Aussie Newbies

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by oktobr, May 24, 2009.

1. oktobr

oktobr New Member

Greetings from Sydney, Oz.

My partner and I are both new to gas bikes but loving them.

We started off with mountain bike versions, but quickly became enamoured of the schwinn OCC chopper, both running HT's.

We quickly were made aware of the limitations of the OCC but have found some novel work-arounds, with more ideas on the back burner.

Just love them!

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      File size:
      66.2 KB
    • 006.jpg
      File size:
      79.2 KB
    • 007.jpg
      File size:
      67.6 KB

2. runnamuc

runnamuc New Member

hey love the bikes. are they comfortable to ride. and how are they peddeling up hills?
    Last edited: May 24, 2009
  3. oktobr

oktobr New Member

Thanks, yeah, they are comfortable to ride now, after grafting minibike seats onto them, before that however, I couldnt get on the ****ed thing, being a big chick, and my partner has long legs and so couldnt ride it without 'looking like a drunk'(her words).

As for pedalling up hills... ques que ce 'pedal'? LOL, thats what motors are for!
  4. runnamuc

runnamuc New Member

they look great, mine is just a dirty old hole dodger and i'd love to neaten it up but i'm having too much fun to take it off the road. i might have to get another motor and start from scratch, and theres no fun in that hehehehe
  5. Stink Bike

Stink Bike Member

Your bikes look great.
    Where did you get the seats from?
  6. oktobr

oktobr New Member

Thanks for the welcome.

The seats are recycled minibike seats, courteousy of the motorcycle wrecker in Penrith, one was from a Yammy, the other a Suzi. The frames and fittings are homemade, very 'agricultural', but hey, they work, and they're comfortable.

New chapter to the saga of my bike... gonna yank the HT out and replace it with a 49cc cag motor. Why, you ask? I have a bad back, and pedal starting the HT got REAL old REAL quick. The cag has a pull start and centrifugal clutch, both of which would have required some substantial cash outlay and time to organise, plus altering the engine mounts to make the starter clear the pedals, the cag I already got off Ebay for less than the cost of the centrifugal clutch and pull starter(plus postage from the USA). Fitting the cag will prolly be a pain in the butt, but far less hassle than trying to make the HT do what I require of it.

It will look something similar to this....> Cag engined Schwinn OCC chopper