Aussie roll call......

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by Chopper, May 6, 2007.

1. Chopper

Chopper Guest

Be curious to see how many Aussies are on the board, I know at least one each in Vic and Qld.... anyone in Sydney?

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

you folks are gathering fairly quickly...it'll be interesting to watch this topic.

anyway, i moved this into the "let's ride" section...i know it's not exactly what you had in mind, but maybe it'll inspire someone, eh?

3. Chopper

Chopper Guest

ECHO!.......... ECHO!......... ECHO!.......

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

check the new caption for the "let's ride" forum :wink:

5. Chopper

Chopper Guest

If that don't get 'em in, nuttin' will! :)

6. I'm in Adelaide and have a friend who showed me his motored bike (reason I now have one!) and will suggest we get a group ride going.

He is not computer literate at all so has not registered here.

To make it an official MBc ride do all riders have to be a registered member? I guess a group is more than one. :smile:

If we ride together would it be the first organised group ride in Australia????

I would like to have that tag so will help him to register anyway!!!!

We could call it the Light Beer Run.... you would not want to get too much into ya as it is not legal to ride a bike while drunk in OZ. :sad:

7. I'm In!!!

Lets get this Aussie ride organized.

Any suggestions as to when and where?

8. Chopper

Chopper Guest

Well,. look at that, POP, POP, POP..... they're everywhere! :)

I'm up for anything, though I haven't had my first cup os coffee this morning, so I'll leave the where and when to when I get my head together....... :?

9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

go for it, guys!!

to make it official, call it official...figure out what you'd like to call your MBc "chapter"...make sure tom sends you enough tank stickers for all the riders & plenty to hand out, too...take tons of pics...post them here...presto! an official australian MBc rally :D

shoot, the first "Pacific NorthWest" Chapter had 2 riders for it's "first" rally, and next day we had 4 members meet up at a bicycle swap-meet. it was a total hoot, see the thread about it in here 8)

10. Stertz

Stertz Guest

Yet another Aussie.
    From Port Macquarie NSW

11. ok I am wanting to get a ride organised in South Australia.

Any South Aussies here?

I plan to test run a path along the southern expressway (start at Darlington) and finish at Willunga as I beleive their is an 'official' bike track along the entire length.

I will odometer the length of it on the test run.

Once confirmed I would like to get some crew together and organise an official run.

Any takers? :cool:

12. spunout

spunout Member

good thing-
    i looked at the memberlist, and including you, i found 20 :!: Aussie's. and those are just the ones that have their location listed. if it doesnt make you feel like a stalker and not against any rules, perhaps you could copy/paste generic invites to all of them through private messages. that way, if they dont visit this site on a super-regular basis, the PM should send them an email to view the invite. just an :idea: .
    good luck,
    happy

13. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Very good idea.
    How-bout small moteredbike.com stickers to be tastefully stuck on seat stays or forks. That way those to timid to ask about the bikes will know where to go...sort of speak. :grin:

14. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

maybe i misunderstood your post, pete...you are aware we have free MBc tank-stickers available? they also display rather nicely anywhere on a main frame tube.

15. spunout

spunout Member

i think he meant for the Aussie riders to make sure they have the stxrs on bikes during the ride?

16. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i'm honestly not sure what he meant. i was double-checking just in case.

i just wanted to be on the same page so our aussie buds have the best "1st official australian MBc rally" possible 8)

17. OldPete

OldPete Guest

That's what I meant. :cool:

Sorry augi I have far too many pages open. :cool:

18. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

:lol:

me too, always :p

just keep an eye on the stove, MBc'ers have been known to burn good food to a crisp while browsing here :lol: :lol:

ok, back to bidness...

19. Chopper

Chopper Guest

I'm up for something in Sydney, though I'm hopeless at organising anything :sad: .... maybe we could hijack the Ride For a Difference this saturday ;)

20. Thanks spunout, did any have their location listed as Adelaide?

I am not sure if any interstaters would be able to make it for a day trip as this is a big country and not too easy to get a bike on the aeroplane to get here!