Automatic transmission to bike

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Makulit, May 30, 2012.

1. Makulit

Makulit New Member

G'Day
    I just join motoredbikes forum. I am originally from Finland but I have been 22 years in Australia therefore my English is not best possible. The Australian regulation for motorized bicycle are quite difficult because you need pedals for your bike. I try find solution to get automatic transmission to my bike. If someone know any solution it will be helpful?
    385372_193402554074054_100002129338561_427018_997159408_n (1).jpg

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

That's a cool cruiser. Most two stroke riders have a single speed or use a jackshaft/shift kit that uses the bicycle derailleur to change gears. Some four stroke motors can be mated to an automatic CVT.
    I used to work with a fellow whose grandparents were Fins. His last name was Jarpe.

3. Makulit

Makulit New Member

Thanks for replay. The jackshaft/shift kit is not available in Australia at the moment of course I can import it. I try browsing if I can find four stroke engine with automatic CVT. So far no luck. Some mini bikes has semi auto gear box, but it could be difficult to fit bike. However I lathe, milling machine and TIG welder. But often is cheaper readymade if it is available.

I have still cousins in Seattle area and visit over there 80's. After that I have been just California and Arizona area for training courses.

4. wheelbender6

Most motorized bikes with a CVT are rack mounted on the back. They basically rack mount a pocket bike/pocket rocket engine and CVT on their bicycles. Check out the CVT subforum on this site and take a look at them.

5. Makulit

Makulit New Member

Thanks. I looked at YouTube one of those with Honda motor. I just need find CVT. I will ask local lawn mower place if they know where to get.

6. wheelbender6

The diameter of your clutch determines which CVT fits.

7. Makulit

Makulit New Member

CVR automatic

This my current bike. Of course no gear. It is quite difficult modified CVR automatic. I do not know any motor to fit it to this bike.

Attached Files: