Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by davidsis, Dec 24, 2006.

1. davidsis

davidsis Guest

How do I make a picture fit on the Avatar. The little picture that shows up with post. I know how to adjust so the size and stuff so it will fit. Like other pictures have to be 800x600pixel dimension and image size 5X4 but how do I make it so it is 6 pixels?

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

resize your image down to 80x80 px? or maybe its 100x100px
  3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

you'll have to resize the image for your avatar to maximum 100X100 Pixels and 6.1k in size.
  4. davidsis

davidsis Guest

100X100 Ill try it.
  5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

anyone needs help resizing a pic for an avatar, just email me the pic & i'll do my best, then e it back to ya for uploading 8)
  6. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Cool, let me try it.
  7. Tom

Tom Active Member

looks like you got it working, huh. Way sweet. Love the sticker!
  8. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

This rescue is for Joe from bgg :cool:
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Bama...you're gonna have to put an extra dog on duty, since it appears this boy needs a lotta rescuing!

There goes the neighborhood. :p
  10. nashe

nashe Guest

[Edited a bit.]

Not sure what program you use to re-size things, but ..

In the "image size" dialog, search for a box where you can designate resolution. Sometimes there will be a "draft" or "low" quality option. Otherwise, select something like 32 DPI. Then re-size to 100x100PX.

If the file-size problem remains, try saving the file as a GIF instead of a JPEG--in most programs this is an option under "file type" in the "save as" window. In new(er) versions of Photoshop, you go to "save for web."

The lower resolution of a GIF means a much, much smaller file.

You will lose a bit of color info and detail; but avatars ain't artworks, so .. no harm there.

If that doesn't get you close enough (some high-resolution digital camera photos will still be 7 or 8k at 100x100PX), try it at 90x90PX.

And if that won't work .. it just wasn't meant to be. Find a new photo.

;) :evil: