awesome rechargeable flashlight for headlight

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by skipS, Nov 27, 2011.

1. skipS

skipS Member

Just thought I would share. I have been using this 1000 lumen flashlight on my Motored bike with great results. Its a kd C8 from kai domain but you can get different versions of similar lights that perform the same on Ebay . It runs off of one 18650 rechargeable battery and on medium it provides more than enough light to light the road way at 25 mph . On high its incredible and I have had cars flash me to turn it down . Flashlight plus charger and two batterys cost under 30 dollars shipped and was well worth it. when i get were im goin I undo the flash light and slip it back in my belt holster. I have run it for over an hour on medium so far with plenty of light available. I carry an extra battery in the tool bag just in case.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

2. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

What voltage batteries are these 18650s? And how common are they?

3. skipS

skipS Member

the batteries are about 4.2 volts ea. fully charged and run about 7 dollars a pair. they are pretty much only found on line, I have not seen any locally but if you browse the flashlight forums , they are are common in high lumen flashlights.

4. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

Could you provide a link to purchase these things?

5. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

Flashlight forums?
    ummm, there are forums for flashlights?

6. CroMagnum

CroMagnum Member

7. skipS

skipS Member

I researched the flashlight I got here http://budgetlightforum.com/ It got good reviews. My model may have have been updated because the link I used to buy mine does not work, Ill do a little research then post the link after supper

8. skipS

skipS Member

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  9. skipS

skipS Member

this is the same light I have , from the same supplier, you still have to buy two 18650 battery's and a charger that should run about 16 dollars for both,at least when i bought mine about 6 months ago.

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S010014

10. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

How much you wanna bet that the flashlight guys are stunned with wonderment that there are motorized bicycle forums...

11. CroMagnum

CroMagnum Member

If you read CandlePowerForums you'll see people arguing about which Chinese manufacturers make the best stuff, how people mix & match components to create better performance, and several members who crank out custom parts in the machine shop and sell them to other members.

Why does that sound so familiar? :thinking:

12. skipS

skipS Member

www.Budgetlightforum.com is a great site to get the info on really cheap extremly powerfull flashlights. I paid 10.65 USD shipped for my focusable work flash light . It outperfoms my co workers Surefire 80 dollar flashlight.

13. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

They're 3.6V batteries, not 4.2V. All 3.6V/3.7V LiIon batteries show a fully charged state of about 4.2V.

14. skipS

skipS Member

oh so they are 4.2 fully charged?? Isnt that what I said ....GEEEEZ :dunce: