Awsome Evinrude bike

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by biketec, Oct 31, 2008.

1. biketec

biketec Member

2. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

That thing totally rocks!
  3. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I absolutely agree!

My nephew goes deep sea fishing off the Oregon coast (30 miles out or more) in a 16 foot open aluminum boat with an outboard all of the time. He also buys, renovates, and re-sells older fishing boats and motors in his spare time. Last year he was telling me about a 1952 Johnson outboard he'd gotten, that had the prop mount and 90 degree bevel gear casting on the prop shaft cracked off of it - said it ran great, but getting a replacement casting was nigh onto impossible. I suggested he use it to motorize a bicycle.

He thought I was crazy. He did, however, tell a biker friend about my suggestion, and gave the guy the engine. Last I talked with my nephew, he said the guy was using a drive arm from one of those tree sized weedeaters the electric companies use to keep vegetation back from their lines to build a delta trike powered by that engine mated to a Datsun 510 sedan rear end. I'd love to see that thing.
  4. vintagebiker

vintagebiker Guest

I have seen that bike in person.
    The owner used to bring it out to the monthly Long Beach (Calif) Motorcycle-Bicycle swap meet. Quite a creation.
    An old style air cooled outboard would make a good motor for a bike.
    Might be able to mount it on the rear and put a sprocket on the shaft.
  5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

kind of makes me wonder -- of all the many far out MB (things)

that have been built up over the years

and never even had there picture taken

ride that --------- THING