Crashes Back from Christmas hospital vacation...WEAR That Helmet

Turtle Tedd

Local time
5:38 AM
Went for a ride as usual Saturday late afternoon on December 12...about 20 minutes later I was on another ride in the ambulance to the emergency room...unconscious in coma for about 2 weeks in ICU..broken shoulder, three ribs, banged head on cement in three places after going over the bars that went into my side,,,2 bags of blood ,gallons of morphine,tubes hoses and wires everyplace you can think of..got home Jan 4th and do not have much memory of these days ..was not drinking or hotroding..all I know is something locked up and then I became the bouncing turtle..Still hurting,dizzy, and not walking to well..will try and get out to the garage next week and see what failed on the Del Mar..front wheel looks like a noodle and clutch is locked up...I have motorcycle helmets from racing ,off road and street and a bike helmet but didn't have one on ...I will probably recover in a few months..should know better at my age but I guess not...So any way ---WEAR those helmets , and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all you guys...Tedd

I hope your recovery goes well and you get back to 100%.Please keep us posted on your progress.
MotoMagz

Dang Tedd, what you try'n to do, check out on us? Get well soon buddy, just glad the postmortem is gonna be on the bike and not you. Keep us informed on your progress and what went wrong.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear that Ted. I'm sure we all would agree that we hope you have a speedy recovery. We're thankful that you're still here to tell us about it. Take care.

Dang man! I am very glad to hear that you have survived the no helmet test!
I am sorry to hear that the rest of you got all fubar'd in the process.
The bike can be replaced, you cant.
I will pray for your speedy and complete recovery.
I too am a no helmet test survivor. It is not fun. I feel for you.

I was wondering what happened to you....haven't seen you here for a while. Too much of this happening to the group lately. Note to self.....don't "forget" the helmet

I ride a motorcycle and value life, I am glad your alright. When my parents were raising me, If I got caught riding my bicycle with no helmet they took my bike away for 2 weeks at time. eventually they took it away for a year (after gettin caught 5 times riding when they werent home while my sister was babysitting me aka sleeping)

I plan to do this same thing when I have a child, life is so precious. I will be protective but I WILL NOT SHELTER them from everything. Arm pads,knee pads and wrist protectors will be a must.

I learned fast at a young age when my friends were breaking there bones and hurting themselves that my parents were just trying to keep me out of trouble.

But @ age 7 I still drove Jr Dragsters and go karts, dirt bikes, @ age 14 a motorcycle age 15 i got a car.

and do not have much memory of these days

to Turtle Tedd
sorry to hear about your crash
it is although a blessing
that you are alive

years ago I went over the handle bars on a two wheel with motor
took one large piece from forehead
when I was able to return to work
had forgotten 20 out of 40 names of people at work
even looked a little strange at the equipment I used to train others on

thank God that you remember who you are

ride that THING carefully