Back in the saddle after being ripped off!

IINoxiousII

Local time
5:04 AM
Hey guys,
I'm back at it again since having my first build stolen. Need some advice from those of you that have attempted to try a high hp engine in your build. Here's the scoop so far.

GT LTS Dual Suspension MB (26" wheels)
KTM 50 clone Engine /Dellorto Carb (9hp) (ThatsDax)
SBP Expansion Exhaust (SickBikeParts)
Pre-Built Rear Rim w/48 tooth Sprocket (PirateCycles)

Still waiting on a few things to get here. Just have a few concerns on whether or not the rear sprocket along with the wheel size will be too much. I have been reading some threads stating that similar builds don't fully clutch until 35 mph (centrifugal clutch). My other concern was mounting it. At the moment I have two rear Manic mechanic mounts coming which I will attach to a steel L Bracket on the down seat pipe and a large universal mount for the front as well. (I'll post pics as soon as they arrive.) I also will be installing a front disc brake, and fatter road tires. Any advice is appreciated. I'm looking forward to this one.
Kind regards,
P
IMG_0005.jpgIMG_0006.jpgIMG_0007.jpgIMG_0008.jpg

That's my dream bike: GT LTS Dual Suspension MB

If it only came out with front and rear disc brakes as standard it would be the ultimate motorized dual suspension bicycle - i've salivated over the design and so badly wanted one; and i'm still desperately waiting for a manufacturer to reinvent the wheel; making a modern version of a rearward mounted swingarm suspension system that's perfect for a motorized application.

I couldn't agree more Fabian. Finding any kind of softtail frame is hard. I had set google alerts, craigslist alerts, and priceconimics alerts to find this bike. Took about a month to find someone who was willing to ship it and not sell locally. Definitely worth the wait!

I agree! The only issue I may run into is setting up a proper chain idler. The suspension at high speeds may throw off the chain without one. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
P

Yeah, I had thought about that. From what I understand is that these engines pack a serious punch. I'm going to give it a go with the single gear for now and see how I like it. I was able to finish it today lol. Non stop working since I got home from school.
20120627_190657.jpg20120627_191907.jpg

Looks like a brilliant build; the upswept pipe looks great too and the muffler should help to keep the law off your back in conjunction with riding at a sensible (bicycle like) way on the streets.

The bike really looks fabulous with the rearward suspension linkage.

Thanks Fabian! I appreciate the kind words. I definitely want to stay incognito. I don't think it will sacrifice too much power. I'll find out in a few hours.
Kind regards,
P

Back