Back in the saddle after being ripped off!

Thanks. Yeah, I topped out at 48. Needs thicker tires and tubes for these speeds. I already blew out the front tire and took a pretty nasty spill. Rookie mistake that I will never be repeating lol.

LOL, yeah, that's about right.

20120707_174652.jpg

Nice bike, ? about that muffler? Does it burn your leg at all where its located? You've got alot of money there do not let it out of your sight. Glad your ok after the spill.

Thanks, yeah the muffler needs a heat shield. I tried wrapping some titanium heat wrap cloth around it, but that still gets hot enough to make a mark. When I wrecked it burnt the inner part of my calf pretty good, but when I'm not crashing it's fine as long as I'm mindful of not leaning the bike to the left at a stop. As far as the bike being stolen, I have that covered. I was able to find a lo-jack like solution that tracks the bike through GPS. If the bike so much as moves it sends me a text to my phone. If stolen, it gives me directions to its location. Got to love technology.

Thanks, I'm still healing from the spill. Road rash is the worst. I would have much rather gotten a gash and been done with it with some stitches. I definitely learned a valuable lesson. The outcome could have been a lot worse. I'll definitely be more conscientious of what is a potential hazard on the bike from now on.

Ahhh, it's only road rash, you weren't going fast enough to make it to the crutches part of the speedo - wheelchair still awaits you and we all know what happens if trying a little bit harder ;-)

LOL, yeah that's true, but trying to sleep at night has been a real pain in the ****. Waking up with "non-stick" dressings stuck to my wounds and having to soak them to rip em off is just a freaking nuisance. I don't think I will be redlining that speedometer anytime soon Fabian lol.

I agree! The only issue I may run into is setting up a proper chain idler. The suspension at high speeds may throw off the chain without one. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
P

Just found this thread. Did the poster ever try the shift kit? I built a GT LTS with a shift kit and KTM clone and it does hold up to the power but you do have to lower the clutch lock up rpm. I even have a race day on it, heres a pics and a vid of it in a race, the race starts around 4 minute mark, theres even a major crash.....

[URL=http://s391.photobucket.com/user/yukinfahoo/media/DSCN1252_zps888f885d.jpg.html]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back