back wheel not moving/ clutch won't engage?

christophermcmahon

Local time
1:46 AM
Hey everyone this is my first post so correct me if I use simple terms. I have recently been working on a motorized bike, 80cc stroke engine and I have run into a problem. After putting the Chain on, conecting the clutch wire to the clutch arm, and putting the clutch cover and bucking bar cover back on the engine, my back wheel won't move regardless if the clutch is engaged or not. I cannot find any site to help solve this problem so I came here to ask the question.

The 415 chain is hitting the inside of the clutch cover at the front (square part), grind the inside out or cut a notch out of it where the scrape marks are.

take out the spark plug then watch where the movement stops - if it moves OK now, then your clutch is stuck or not adjusted correctly

This seemed to fix it, but now I am having trouble figuring out if I am wired correctly. Does the black wire from the CDI connect to the black wire from the magneto? Same with the blue wire from the CDI to the blue wire from the mangneto . then the kill switch has 2 wires and I'm not sure which one connects to where. One video I saw said I connect the red wire from the kill switch to the blue wire from the CDI and then ground the black wire from the kill switch to the bikes frame. Idk if this is correct though and how do I test to see if I'm wired correctly? Thank you so much for your help I really want to ride this thing lol

The kill switch is just a switch, it has no polarity or color code.
Just connect it across the blue and black wires, when you push the button it shorts out the magneto so no spark.

Back