Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by JasonJ, Aug 15, 2008.

1. JasonJ

JasonJ New Member

Hello everyone, a couple weeks ago I bought a '05 NE5 with 87 miles on it and in mint condition. the owner has two other whizzers and his wife urged him to get rid of one. after checking it out, i got it home and rode around a bit. the next day i was adjusting the idle and air intake screws and that's when the problems began. sometime during a short ride, it began backfiring and then ran very loudly. i later found out that i lost the baffle from the muffler and that made it lose back pressure. i installed a new baffle and it runs better, but still backfires. i've replaced the spark plug, but to no avail. it runs, but quite rough. Any help?

2. del

del Guest

Howdy, Jason, Welcome!

I can make a guess at the first question others here will ask, so I'll ask first...

Do you know if the previous owner had done any changes to the carb or intake restrictor??

3. JasonJ

JasonJ New Member

not sure, i can give him a call
  4. bill green

bill green Member

Hi jason the fact that it had low miles, it mite be it has factory jets and needle setting.Or the valves may need adjusted .006 intake , .008 exaust. Please check main jet size and needle clip setting and you altitude and repost.Is there A one inch long manifold betweem cylinder and carb.. Bill Green Vancouver Whizzer
  5. fsprandy

fsprandy Member

My '05 came with a very restrictive baffle. The current baffles offer much less back pressure. If you had a restrictive baffle to start with and replaced it with a less restrictive one the change could be contributing to the backfiring.